We are currently seeking a full-time, permanent Payroll and Benefits Manager for our Dieppe, NB office. As part of the Finance team, this position reports to the Vice-President of Finance and Corporate Services and will be accountable for the successful execution of the weekly and bi-weekly payroll processing for approximately 600+ employees, as well as the responsibility of benefits administration for employees. Along with payroll and benefits responsibilities, this position will lead a small team while also participating in ongoing projects. If you have a passion for numbers; appreciate working with all levels and teams within the organization; and are driven to provide quality customer service to all internal customers, we want to meet you.
What you'll do
- Participate in the development and implementation of payroll policies and procedures, while ensuring all practices are in compliance with company policy and federal/provincial regulations
- Provide guidance and support on payroll issues to management and salaried employees
- Accountable for the successful execution of weekly and bi-weekly payroll using the Ceridian system (InSync and Dayforce) for approximately 600+ employees
- Act as the Subject Matter Expert for all payroll related matters, particularly related to employment standard legislation in multiple provinces, research and implement best practices to improve payroll department processes and increase efficiency
- Create ad-hoc reports using Crystal Reports and Dayforce required by different departments, and work with Finance to reconcile payroll with GL information
- Outline precisely the requirements/design for custom reports
- Coordinate calendar year-end functions, process adjustment runs, review CRA guides and bulletins for changes and updates
- Prepare payroll related reports for management
- Liaison with external providers (Ceridian) to review service levels ensuring adequate support for internal needs
- Leader the benefits administration and answer inquiries from all employees
- Participate in HR related projects as part of the overall objectives of the team
- Oversees various payrolls and verifies the calculations for multiple provincial & federal tax payroll legislation
- Planning and implementing payroll system updates and enhancements
- Audits payroll on a bi-weekly basis and internal controls
- Will require travel at minimum once per pay period to our Richibucto head office
What you'll need
- Experience managing a small team of payroll professionals
- Minimum 7 years experience with the complete payroll processing cycle
- Bilingualism considered an asset
- Experience developing reports in Crystal Reports and Dayforce would be an asset
- Completion of the Payroll Compliance Practitioner Certification
- Canadian Payroll Manager designation will be considered a strong asset
- Detailed knowledge of current legislation related to payroll such as taxable benefits and employment standards legislation in Canada is required
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word & Excel is required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team
- Detail-oriented and must meet accuracy and quantity standards
- Ability to manage and organize projects
- Positive, personable, energetic, assertive, motivated and professional
We're looking for
A little bit about us
Imperial Manufacturing Group
Imperial Manufacturing Group is a leading manufacturer and supplier of heating, ventilation and structural building products for residential and commercial applications. Recognized as one of "Canada's Best Managed Companies - Platinum Club", our employees are valued and recognized as the key to our success; their growth is continually challenged and supported within our dynamic and diversified organization.
IMG believes that our entrepreneurial culture creates an environment that encourages and enables our employees to be at their best every day. Encouraging them to think on their feet, to take an idea from start to finish, to take ownership of their job, and to ultimately stay ahead of the competition.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
Imperial Manufacturing Group is a leading manufacturer and supplier of heating, ventilation and structural building products for residential and commercial applications. Recognized as one of ?Canada?s Best Managed Companies ? Platinum Club?, our employees are valued and recognized as the key to our success; their growth is continually challenged and supported within our dynamic and diversified organization.
IMG believes that our entrepreneurial culture creates an environment that encourages and enables our employees to be their best every day by encouraging them to think on their feet?.to take an idea from start to finish?.to take ownership of their job?and to ultimately stay ahead of the competition.
While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
IMG ? Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.