Our team is growing!
Green Diamond Equipment is your Maritime John Deere Dealership with 15 locations to serve you, and we are looking for a skilled, dedicated person to fill the position of Parts Counter Salesperson at our Halifax, NS location.
Please note: If we like your resume, you will receive an email asking you to take a quick 5 minute questionnaire from Predictive Index. Please keep an eye for it in your email. Sometimes it goes to your junk mail.
Responsible for selling, receiving, and delivery of parts and accessories. In addition performs in-store customer service, overall organizational promotion, and stocking duties.
What you'll do
- Promotes and sells products and/or services to meet customer needs
- Records all sales and/or counter transactions that occur. Process all parts orders in full when parts leave with customer.
- Supplies Service Technicians with parts as required
- Assists with preparing and maintaining merchandise displays as well as keeping parts department clean and orderly
- Verifies receipting-in of shipments and assists with placing Machine Down and Stock Orders in their proper inventory locations
- Follows up on shortages and expedites issues by reporting to the manager
- Assists in maintaining all departmental tools, equipment, and vehicles are in good working order
- Assists in maintaining department reports (no bin, negative on hand, etc)
- Assists in working on any reports, projects or parts related duties given by Parts Manager
- Work with other departments as directed by your Parts Manager
What you'll need
- Basic data entry/keyboarding skills
- Basic parts and machinery knowledge
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to lift items weighing up to 75 lbs.
- High School diploma or equivalent experience
- Fork lift license an asset
Look for yourself
A little bit about us
Green Diamond Equipment Ltd.
Our company is like the John Deere equipment we sell; held together by integrity, experience, pride, quality, and customer service. Each of our over 300 people across 15 Maritime locations live these values every day. We are proud to have been selling equipment to homeowners, farmers, landscapers, construction companies, golf course owners etc. for over thirteen years as Green Diamond Equipment.
As a Maritime owned and operated company, under the leadership of CEO Tina Sears, we have grown quite a bit since 2007. We started out as a joint venture with PEI Farm Equipment and Planter's Equipment. We have added new stores and acquired MacLeod's in Nova Scotia and merged with Reddin Equipment in PEI to bring us to our total of 15 branches across the three Atlantic provinces to serve you.
With the merger between Green Diamond Equipment and Reddin Equipment in 2016, we inherited the Bombardier Recreational Products (BRP) line and now have 3 dealerships that are combination John Deere and BRP stores: Stratford and Summerside, PEI and Grand Falls, NB as well as a stand-alone BRP store in Sydney, NS. www.greendiamondpowersports.ca
Our steady growth across the Maritimes shows our ongoing commitment to our customers, our team and John Deere. We have the right people, in the right roles, working with clear direction and focusing on continuous improvement.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
We offer full time employment, an opportunity for advancement within a progressive organization and a competitive compensation package which includes salary, family health benefits and company pension plan.
We are now offering a personal finance training program through Enriched Academy for all our employees! (https://www.enrichedacademy.com/).
Please submit your resume today!