The successful candidate will be immediately involved in a rapidly expanding project that is bringing computer vision to agriculture. This involvement will focus on the integration and optimization of hardware systems, linking optical technologies to farm-management equipment in order to meet defined requirements. The work will be carried out in both lab and field environments, moving quickly through calibration, testing and deployment phases to ensure timely and efficient capture of crop data. This position will require travel within the province of placement.
What you'll do
Highlight of Responsibilities:
- Define optical requirements and specifications for imaging systems and assemblies
- Determine test requirements for new products and carry out camera calibration, noise reduction and optimization in challenging environmental conditions to meet defined requirements
- Create specification reviews, generate technical proposals and select system components to meet defined requirements
- Test/debug hardware and software
- Operate optical equipment in the field and define operating guidelines for other users
- Familiarity with the state of the art in computer vision hardware
- Experience troubleshooting during production and development phases
- Failure-analysis skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, collaborative environment
- Passion to solve challenging and important problems
- Able to work outside in high temperatures
- Able to work long days and weekends when necessary
- Self-directed and self-motivated
What you'll need
Masters Degree in Optics
Masters Degree in Computer Vision
Masters Degree in Electrical Engineering
Masters Degree in Computer Science
We're looking for
A little bit about us
Resson helps large and small agriculture companies and agricultural service providers boost productivity and profits with near real-time predictive analysis for crop management. The company’s RAMAS ® Resson Agricultural Management and Analytics System ® integrates large scale cloud-based data analytics with sensor fusion and robotic platforms to provide agricultural producers with an unequalled view of crop production and field conditions. The RAMAS ® data driven agriculture solution analyzes crop metrics to assess crop status and health, providing operators with the information required to optimize agricultural operations, improve efficiency, boost yields and maximize profitability.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
Resson is delivering leading predictive analytics technology to a fast-growing Agriculture tech industry. The successful candidate will play a key role in both the development and implementation of the Resson system, with the end objective to deploy Resson's system globally and to greatly impact the efficiency of production for agriculture operators world-wide.
Resson employees earn a competitive salary and are eligible for health, dental and other benefits.
To join the team at Resson, apply now!