Our Saint John based client is a leading transportation and logistics company. As a result of their continued growth, we require a leader to run the operation there.
What you'll do
- Ensure customer service to each customer and location throughout Atlantic Canada
- Promote and support all safety initiatives when performing operational responsibilities
- Lead productivity improvement initiatives for increased efficiency and cost effectiveness
- Perform and interpret data analytics to drive business results
- Manage productivity of fleet, ensuring appropriate level of miles and revenue is generated by each owner operator and driver while meeting regulatory requirements such as hours of service
- Efficiently manage preventative maintenance program in collaboration with asset management
- Professionally manage and resolve issues raised by owner operators and company drivers in a timely manner
- Manage availability of owner operators, drivers and equipment to maximize revenue, utilization, and create cost saving efficiencies
- Provide coaching and performance feedback to team, drivers, and owner operators
- Other duties as required
What you'll need
- Education Required: Successful completion of an undergraduate degree, (preferably Transportation/Logistics, Business or Engineering fields)
- Years of Experience Required:
- 5+ years of professional work experience in leadership roles
- 2+ years leading projects or operations with responsibility over P&L and safety results
- Proven supervisory experience
- Able to execute in fast-paced environment
- Proven ability to deliver results
- Must possess excellent communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Will be energetic, enthusiastic, and team oriented
- Exceptional organization, decision making and problem solving abilities
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office)
- Must be committed to quality, safety and service
- Bilingualism (French/English) is an asset
We're looking for
A little bit about us
Stiles Executive Search
Stiles Executive Search is a boutique Retainer & Contingency Executive Search Firm and we operate a little differently.
We're not a buttoned-down executive search firm. We're not into ties, fancy titles or resume-crawling algorithms. What we are into is people and fit-in fact we've got an impressive track record of identifying ideal critical role solutions for over 20 years-and we're really good at it.
Stiles is a boutique shop with a global reach. We're always on the look out for the best, brightest, driven and innovative candidates on behalf of our clients.
If you'd like us to confidentially consider your fit for one of our current or future key positions fill out our contact form. Include your resume, LinkedIn profile and anything else you feel makes you unique… go ahead, show us what you're made of, blow your own horn!
If we see a fit, we'll get in touch and move forward as your partner and advocate with individualized attention. Rest assured that we always treat your info in confidence, so reach out, send us your CV, send us an introductory email or call for a private conversation.
We craft, curate and individualize recruitment solutions for all of our clients needs. We offer a variety of recruitment options and pricing solutions. We are at our finest finding strategically, culturally and professionally perfect solutions to a niche markets human and talent resource needs.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
This organization offers a tremendous career opportunity and wonderful benefits, bonus and more.
Please apply directly to us for immediate consideration.