Kraken Robotics offers a unique career opportunity to work with an internationally recognized leader in ocean technology that is harnessing our world class talent to provide superior subsea solutions for global security, environmental, and scientific challenges. Our highly talented team design and manufacture technology platforms for NATO navies and commercial clients throughout the world and provide acoustic 3D Synthetic Aperture Sonar (SAS) data solutions and imaging in the offshore energy sector with increasing focus on offshore renewables.
Kraken offers an attractive and competitive compensation package designed to reward our team for a job well done. With locations around the world, we support remote working packages and encourage professional and cultural collaborations. Kraken is an equal opportunity employer focused on promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion and we value the diversity of our team that contributes to our company growth and development.
We are seeking a Offshore Technician to join our team. The successful candidate will work closely with the Offshore Manager to deliver exceptional service to our clients with our offshore projects.
What you'll do
Responsible for the proper performance of all tasks assigned to by the Offshore Manager during Kraken operations and must make themselves familiar with Kraken Safety Management systems, Operations and Maintenance procedures, project quality plan, with special attention to Project work scope.
- Undertake preparation or repair work on assigned Kraken systems prior to, and/or upon completion of, offshore projects
- Undertake pre and post launch and recovery checks on the Kraken systems.
- Assist during launch and recovery
- Carry out maintenance on the system as directed by the Workshop Manager / Offshore Manager.
- Ensure that the necessary paperwork is completed for the operations being undertaken as detailed in Operations or Project specific procedures
- Undertake Kraken operations in accordance with Operating Procedures to ensure that the work is completed to both the Offshore Managers' and the client's satisfaction
- Undertake Kraken operations in accordance with Operating Procedures to ensure that the work is completed safely and efficiently.
- Assist in the Kraken workshop facilities as directed by the Workshop Manager such that correct servicing and maintenance of the Kraken systems is carried out and to ensure equipment is ready to meet deadlines.
- Be actively involved in the competency and training plans with the intention to progress to Senior Technician Level.
- Develop technical proficiency in standard survey systems interface to the Kraken system including USBL/GPS Interfaces, Depth and SVS Sensors and ROVINS INS systems.
- Assist in the training and development of Trainee Technicians.
What you'll need
- Minimum of Diploma or 3-year BSc. in an engineering or associated discipline
- 3 years of experience in ROV/Survey or similar underwater or towed survey system operations, at least 2 years minimum in the role of survey/ROV Pilot Technician level
- Valid safety training, medical and offshore certifications
- Familiar with the Safety Management systems
Experience and/or industry use of Kraken equipment
Proficient in Office 365, including Teams and SharePoint
A little bit about us
Kraken Robotic Systems Inc.
Kraken Robotic Systems Inc. is a marine technology company engaged in the design and development of advanced handling systems, sensors, software, subsea batteries, and underwater robotics for Unmanned Maritime Vehicles used in military and commercial applications. www.krakenrobotics.com
Are you interested?
Work With Us
This position will allow someone the opportunity to make an impact while also having support for growth and development within their role. If this sounds exciting to you, and you are approachable, engaging and enjoy helping employees and business functions to succeed, we are interested to hear from you. This position is a full-time position. The location for this position can be in the UK or Atlantic Canada.