The Office Administrator ensures the efficient day-to-day operations of the office including bookkeeping, financial analysis, office administration, marketing and human resource functions. They also play a key support role for management and employees.
What you'll do
- Manages office including answering and directing calls, maintaining supplies and filing materials.
- Update, maintain and back up electronic files and databases.
- Data entry including payroll, A/R, A/P, remittances, invoices and work orders.
- Generate financial reports including project costing, cash flow, gross/net margins and other reports as required.
- Coordinate staff travel arrangements, maintain admin email accounts. and coordinate maintenance and repairs of office equipment.
- Process payroll, onboard and exit employees, administer benefit programs and assist with the performance review process.
- Organize company events and coordinate employee communications.
- Coordinate service and supplier arrangements.
- Source funding opportunities and search from bid opportunities.
- Manage website content and social media accounts.
- Assist with projects as required.
- Maintain a clean and organized environment.
What you'll need
- Post-secondary education in business administration, accounting, or office management required or equivalent experience.
- Experience working in industrial, construction, farming is an asset.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office
- Familiar with Sage accounting and payroll processing is an asset.
- Experience in bookkeeping including A/P, A/R and managing transactions in excel.
- Must have a strong attention to detail and passion for analysis.
- Proven ability to solve problems and make deicsions independently.
- Experience reading blueprints is an asset
- Must have reliable transportation
- Must be able to provide a clear criminal record check
We're looking for
A little bit about us
Gary Parker Excavating Ltd.
Gary Parker Excavating Limited is a leader in the Annapolis Valley in excavation services. We provide a range of services to meet the needs of any customer.
GPE is an innovative company whose processes and leading edge equipment make projects environmentally sound and integrated into the future of the community.
We provide top quality general contracting, excavating services, as well as crushing services and products to commercial and residential clients from Windsor to Digby to Bridgewater.
We believe in being accountable to our clients, our organization, our employees, and the environment, by doing quality work on schedule, using safe work practices and minimizing the impact on the environment.
We are committed to being environmentally responsible, ethical and fair.
Customer Satisfaction PromiseWe are committed to performing efficient work, meeting deadlines and exceeding client expectations.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Opportunity to work for a growing, family owned company
- The ability to live and work in beautiful rural Nova Scotia