Springboard Atlantic is one of Canada's leading networks of universities and colleges dedicated to helping industry innovate and capitalize on new opportunities through the application of research, and to bringing world class ideas to market. Springboard Atlantic is a not-for-profit corporation supported by 19 member institutions and the Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency.
The Office Administrator is part of a dedicated 6-person team who are passionate about innovation and our entrepreneurial community. Reporting to the President and CEO, you are responsible for the efficient administration of Springboard's central office. This primary role will encompass all general office administration including receptionist duties, member support, and coordination of meetings, events and travel. There will also be time dedicated to supporting our President and CEO, and our Board of Directors. In addition, the administrator will be tasked with supporting the Manager of Partnerships and Member Support and the Manager of Programs.
This job might be for you if:
- You communicate clearly. You write well. You can explain just about anything to anyone, in writing, in person or on the phone.
- You have very strong computer skills, and you are especially good with Microsoft's suite (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word).
- You are obsessed with details and organization.
- You are comfortable working independently, with minimal supervision, or as part of a team.
- You are proactive and capable of prioritizing multiple tasks efficiently.
What you'll do
- Supporting the President & CEO with calendar management, meeting and travel coordination, materials preparation, etc.
- Receptionist duties, including fielding inquiries and member requests.
- General office administration (equipment, supplies, couriers, etc.) and contacts database management.
- Providing logistics support and assisting in organizing events & stakeholder meetings.
- Light copyediting and content styling within Microsoft suite.
- Working as the recording secretary for the Board of Directors and sub-committees, maintaining materials and coordinating the delivery of meeting packages.
- Organizing Board and committee meetings, including the AGM.
- Providing backend website administration as required, including uploading reports and documents.
- Providing support, as needed, to the Manager of Programs and Manager of Partnerships and Member Support.
What you'll need
- Experience: Minimum 3 years experience in a similar role.
- Education: Degree or Diploma in Business Administration, Office Administration, or equivalent work experience.
- Language: Preference will be given to fully bilingual (English and French) candidates.
A little bit about us
We are Atlantic Canada's Commercialization Network.
We help turn world class research into companies, new products, and social innovations that impact our communities locally and globally.
We act as the front door to the 14 universities and 5 community colleges in Atlantic Canada. Anyone can knock on our door to help find partners and researchers to solve their problems and impact their business' bottom line.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
We are seeking an energetic self-starter who is committed to supporting Springboard's mandate and to serving the needs of our diverse network of member institutions, and our central office.
We are pleased to offer a flexible work environment, competitive salary and benefits, and a strong collaborative team atmosphere.
If you are interested in being considered for this position, please send your resume by December 10, 2019.
The Springboard Central office is located in The Labs at Innovacorp at 1344 Summer Street, Halifax.
For a preview of Springboard check out our website! http://springboardatlantic.ca