The Office Administrative Assistant in the field of interior decoration and design plays a crucial role in providing administrative support to interior designers and decorators. This position involves managing office operations, coordinating projects, communicating with clients and suppliers, and ensuring the smooth workflow of the interior decoration and design projects.
What you'll do
- Assist interior designers in project planning, scheduling, and coordination.
- Organize and maintain project files, samples, and documentation.
- Schedule client meetings and site visits, and assist in preparations.
- Act as a liaison between clients and interior designers, conveying project updates and gathering client preferences and feedback.
- Respond to client inquiries via phone, email, and in-person meetings.
- Research and source materials, furniture, and accessories as per project requirements. Coordinate with suppliers and vendors, obtain quotes, and place orders for design materials and furnishings.
- Manage appointment calendars, set up meetings, and prepare meeting agendas.
- Draft and proofread correspondence, emails, and project-related documents.
- Maintain office supplies, order new supplies when necessary, and ensure the office is organized and tidy.
- Assist with invoice preparation, billing, and tracking project expenses.
- Keep detailed records of project costs, invoices, and payments.
- Assist in space planning and drafting basic floor plans using design software (e.g., AutoCAD). Create mood boards, sample boards, and presentations for clients.
- Help in researching design trends, materials, and furnishings.
- Organize and maintain office files, both digital and physical.
- Coordinate office events, team-building activities, and training sessions.
What you'll need
Qualifications and Skills:
- High school diploma required; additional certification or coursework in interior design or related field is a plus.
- Proven experience as an administrative assistant, preferably in an interior decoration or design firm.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and design software (e.g., AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite).
- Excellent organizational, multitasking, and time-management skills.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Attention to detail and ability to maintain accuracy in documentation.
- Knowledge of interior design concepts, materials, and terminology.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a creative and dynamic environment.
We're looking for
Look for yourself
A little bit about us
GEM Health Care Group
GEM Health Care Group is a Nova Scotian, family run business which has been enhancing the lives of seniors in the communities where they operate since 1979.
We continue to remain a leader in transforming how health care is delivered to seniors in Nova Scotia and we strive to provide the best care, service, and quality of life for our residents in a safe, dignified, home-like environment.
GEM currently operates various levels of seniors' care facilities throughout Nova Scotia, Ontario, and in Hollywood, Florida.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $17.00-$20.00 per hour
- Monday to Friday