This position involves administrative and data entry duties related to the operations of a tax-focused CPA firm. The duties are summarized below.
This position works under moderate levels of supervision from managers. The incumbent must be ordinarily available Monday to Friday during standard business hours (8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. - an 8-hour day with a ½ hour break) during the work term period and during the hours agreed upon before the work term. Weekly hour requirements vary throughout the year; our busy season requires 48 hours per week (mid-February to June) while the summer season only requires 35 hours per week (June to September). The remainder of the year is 40 hours per week. Overtime is occasionally but not regularly required beyond what is described above; overtime is a condition of employment.
This job description is a guideline only and the incumbent may be required to perform other duties, on an ad-hoc or permanent basis, for which the incumbent is qualified.
What you'll do
- Entering timesheets into time and billing system
- Maintaining financial records and interacting with bookkeeper
- Arranging for payment of payables
- Billing and collecting
- Depositing payments and recording
- Taking mail to Canada Post location
- Fielding client questions about onboarding or client service issues
- Interacting with clients, investment advisors and accountants to gather and to send relevant client information
- Scanning and filing client paper and electronic records
- Data entry into various software programs
- Maintenance and updating of CRM and project tracking lists
- Scheduling client meetings
- Ordering/picking up office supplies
The duties are subject to seasonal variation, but data entry would be expected to comprise 75-80% of time in most seasons. Interacting with the public in person or by telephone is not a significant component of the job.
What you'll need
Education: Post-secondary diploma in office administration or similar level of experience.
- familiarity with Microsoft Office products;
- highly organized;
- clerical accuracy and the ability to self-review to ensure a low error rate;
- able to prioritize tasks while remaining flexible to change;
- ability to manage time efficiently;
- effective customer service leadership and teamwork skills;
- excellent communication and active listening skills;
- problem-solving and negotiation skills;
- must be self-motivated and able to work independently;
- must be able to maintain confidentiality with organizational and customer information.
- Lifting 20 lbs. (e.g. moving boxes of printer paper)
- Completing repetitive motion tasks (e.g. filing or working on the computer) Visual concentration (e.g. using the computer)
A little bit about us
Unbordered Tax Inc.
Unbordered provides cross-border tax services to clients throughout North America.
We are not a full-service firm. Instead, we focus on our core competency - providing advisory and compliance services to individuals and businesses with Canadian/U.S. cross-border complications. Essentially, you qualify to be a client if your tax situation involves more than one country.
We aim to keep things simple for our clients, to work efficiently through streamlined processes and systems, and to offer great value and quality service. Our clients dread tax season a lot less.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
*Please note this position is not available remotely.
** Our organization is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free recruitment process ensuring equal access to employment opportunities for all candidates, including persons with disabilities. We endeavor to provide accommodation to persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request. If you are selected for an interview and require accommodation due to a disability during the recruitment process, please notify the hiring manager upon scheduling your interview of your requirements.