Become a member of the GEM family! We offer an inclusive and welcoming work environment with competitive benefits, a generous vacation plan and plenty of learning opportunities. At GEM we strive to provide the best care, service, and quality of life for our residents in a safe, dignified, home-like environment. From housekeeping to administering medication, our staff is both the foundation and the face of our business.
The Nursing Service Manager is accountable for the organization, management and leadership of the nursing department. In the absence of the Administrator/Director of Health Care Services, the Nursing Services Manager assumes responsibility and acts as designate. Through the use of their leadership skills, management tools, and understanding of the decision making process, the Nursing Service Manager guides the nursing staff to achieve area specific goals that are consistent with the nursing standards, the mission statement, values and the strategic plan of GEM Health Care Group.
Location: Melville Lodge - Nursing Home
Title: Nursing Service Manager
What you'll do
- Training and onboarding staff
- Assist with administration of performance standards and evaluations for RN's and LPN's.
- Assist with disciplining and investigating complaints
- Promotes an environment that prioritizes safety for staff, residents and visitors
- Promotes cooperation among departments
- Auditing of resident file scanning, updating, and confidentiality
- Provides guidance to RN's/LPN's and other departments
- Ensures all Nursing staff are abiding by policies, standards and guidelines
- Review, develop, revise, and implement policies and procedures
- Participation in committees, resident, and family council meetings
- Coordination of resident care, while also using audit data to develop and recommend ways to improve resident care
- Organizes resident care conferences
- Generating and presenting reports
- Coordinates resident admission, discharges, and transfers
- Assessment administration
- Resident appointments administration
- Staff compliance with policies and procedures
- Fund Raising
- Department goal development
- Liaison with external regulatory bodies
- Infection Control administration
What you'll need
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing or Bachelor in Nursing from an Accredited School of Nursing
- Current Registration from the Nova Scotia College of Nurses as Registered Nurse
- Current standard First-Aid and CPR certification
- Minimum 3 years experience in a similar role in a continuing care setting is an asset
- Knowledge and experience in Occupational Health and Safety, Quality Management and/or Infection Control is an asset
- Minimum 3 years of clinical experience
- Minimum 2 years management experience
- Experience in teaching or facilitating adult education
Look for yourself
A little bit about us
GEM Health Care Group
GEM Health Care Group is a Nova Scotian, family run business which has been enhancing the lives of seniors in the communities where they operate since 1979.
We continue to remain a leader in transforming how health care is delivered to seniors in Nova Scotia and we strive to provide the best care, service, and quality of life for our residents in a safe, dignified, home-like environment.
GEM currently operates various levels of seniors' care facilities throughout Nova Scotia, Ontario, and in Hollywood, Florida.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- French not required
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- On call