Reporting to F6's Chief Technology Officer, the Network Engineer will contribute to the design and implementation of F6's fibre optic and IP core network in Atlantic Canada. This includes creating detailed design plans, configuring network elements, and installing equipment in F6, partner, and customer facilities.
What you'll do
F6 expects candidates to possess the following qualifications:
- In-depth knowledge of networking concepts, technology and systems. This includes an understanding of topics such as: Carrier Ethernet, IGPs/BGP routing and policy, IP/MPLS technologies (I.E. LDP, x-TE), DWDM transport, SNMP, Linux/BSD.
- Strong understanding of Operations Support Systems and Network Management Systems, including experience with system evaluation, selection, implementation, and use.
- Technical degree in networking or a related discipline that intensively covered networking.
- Work experience in a Service Provider environment preferred.
- Certifications such as CCIE or JCIE are considered an asset.
F6 expects candidates to meet the following requirements:
- Your work schedule will flexibly accommodate off-hour events such as maintenance windows and emergency escalations.
- You're willing and able to be mobile: to travel in-province routinely and out-of-province on occasion to support F6's network, customers and partners, or to attend industry conferences.
- You possess an excellent technical aptitude and troubleshooting acumen.
- You excel at accurately interpreting detailed instructions and executing the plan to specification.
- You're a multitasking marvel who works well with minimal supervision.
- At all times, you interact positively and professionally with coworkers, suppliers, partners, and customers.
What you'll need
Language: English, French
We're looking for
A little bit about us
F6 Networks Inc.
f6networks, founded in 2008, is a facilities-based telecommunications company based in Atlantic Canada. Through our own extensive fibre optic network and rich ecosystem of partner networks, we deliver regional and national connectivity. We are at the forefront of modern fibre-based connectivity, our equipment is from recognized world leaders in packet optical transmission and the delivery of value to our customers is the focus of our company. Our long haul dark fibre network stretches from the subsea cable landing in Nova Scotia to the border of Quebec and Maine. We operate extensive metro fibre networks in Fredericton, Saint John, Moncton NB and a growing network in Halifax NS. Our network comprises almost 2000km of fibre and almost a quarter-million kilometres of fibre strand across which we deliver 1,10 and 100G lit circuits to a cross-section of customers in various market segments.