Reporting to f6?s Manager of Network Engineering and Operations, the Network Operations Specialist will contribute to the implementation and operations of f6?s fibre optic and IP network. This includes configuring and troubleshooting network systems, and installing equipment in f6, partner, and customer facilities.
What you'll do
F6 expects candidates to possess the following qualifications:
- Knowledge of networking concepts, technology and systems. This includes topics such as: Carrier Ethernet, IGPs/BGP routing and policy, MPLS technologies (i.e., LDP, x-TE), DWDM transport, SNMP, Linux/BSD.
- Understanding of Operations Support Systems and Network Management Systems, including system evaluation, selection, implementation, and use.
- Knowledge of fiber optic theory and best practices for inspecting, cleaning, routing and mating optical fiber patch cords
- Familiarity with operation of OTDR, OPM and interpretation of test results
- Installing, commissioning, testing, troubleshooting, replacing both CO/Headend and CPE equipment (line cards, switches, routers etc) add/remove/change
- Interfacing with end customers and customer NOCs to assist in troubleshooting & provisioning circuits
- Monitoring NMS and facilities management systems, acting on alarms and escalating when required
- Technical degree in networking or a related discipline that intensively covered networking preferred
- Work experience in a Service Provider environment preferred
- Experience working in a CO/Headend environment would be an asset
- The right combination of attitude, aptitude and skills will be considered
What you'll need
F6 expects candidates to meet the following requirements:
- Your work schedule will flexibly accommodate off-hour events such as maintenance windows and emergency escalations
- You're willing and able to be mobile: to travel in-province and occasionally out-of-province to support F6's network, customers and partners, or to attend industry conferences.
- You possess an excellent technical aptitude and troubleshooting acumen.
- You excel at accurately interpreting detailed instructions and executing the plan to specification.
- You're a multitasking marvel who works well with minimal supervision.
- At all times, you interact positively and professionally with coworkers, suppliers, partners, and customers.
- Must be able to participate in 24/7 on-call rotation
We thank all those who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
We're looking for
A little bit about us
F6 Networks Inc.
f6networks is a fibre based telecommunications company in Atlantic Canada. We deliver global connectivity through our rich ecosystem of partners. We are at the forefront of modern connectivity, our network is 100% fibre optic cable, our equipment is from leading providers like Ciena and Cisco and the satisfaction of our customers is the focus of our company.
We call Atlantic Canada our home and want to see its people and businesses prosper. To play our part, we connect those people and businesses to the greater world by building some of the best networks in the world.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
As part of f6networks you will be on the leading edge of telecommunications and connectivity that is utilized by the largest content provider in the world. Across our network flows some of the brightest ideas and greatest research underway in Canada, we are part of Canada's R&D network and are proud to contribute in our own way. Every day we work to provide better access, better value and innovation to a cross-section of customers. Working in Fredericton at Knowledge Park, you are close to all sorts of amenities, food, shopping with great access to the roads home. We like to work hard and play hard (not too hard) and we like to laugh. As part of the Knowledge Park you get to participate in Park social events, food trucks on Thursdays and a start-up / California tech hub atmosphere. It is exciting to work here.