Reporting to F6's Network Operations Manager, the Network Field Technician will contribute to the implementation of F6's fibre optic and Packet network in Atlantic Canada. This includes configuring network elements, and installing equipment in F6, partner, and customer facilities.
What you'll do
F6 candidates should posses the following qualifications:
- Strong understand of Operations Support Systems and Network Management Systems, including experience with system evaluation, selection, implementation, and use.
- Technical degree in networking or a related discipline that intensively covered networking
- Work experience in a Service Provider environment preferred
- Experience working in a CO/Headend environment would be an asset
- Knowledge of fiber optic theory and best practices for inspecting, cleaning, routing and mating optical fiber patchcords
- Familiarity with operation of OTDR, OPM and interpretation of test results
- Familiarity with low voltage (-48v) DC Power systems, operation and maintenance of rectifier systems, batteries and DC power distribution, grounding and bonding.
- Installing, commissioning, testing, troubleshooting, replacing both CO/Headend and CPE equipment (line cards, switches, routers etc) add/remove/change
- Interfacing with end customers and customer NOCs to assist in troubleshooting & provisioning circuits
- Monitoring NMS and facilities management systems, acting on alarms and escalating when required
- The right combination of attitude, aptitude and skills will be considered
What you'll need
F6 expects candidates to meet the following requirements:
- Your work schedule will flexibly accommodate off-hour events such as maintenance windows and emergency escalations
- You're willing and able to be mobile: to travel in-province and occasionally out-of-province to support F6's network, customers and partners, or to attend industry conferences.
- You possess an excellent technical aptitude and troubleshooting acumen
- You excel at accurately interpreting detailed instructions and executing the plan to specification
- You're a multitasking marvel who works well with minimal supervision
- At all times, you interact positively and professionally with coworkers, suppliers, partners, and customers.
A little bit about us
F6 Networks Inc.
f6networks, founded in 2008, is a facilities-based telecommunications company based in Atlantic Canada. Through our own extensive fibre optic network and rich ecosystem of partner networks, we deliver regional and national connectivity. We are at the forefront of modern fibre-based connectivity, our equipment is from recognized world leaders in packet optical transmission and the delivery of value to our customers is the focus of our company. Our long haul dark fibre network stretches from the subsea cable landing in Nova Scotia to the border of Quebec and Maine. We operate extensive metro fibre networks in Fredericton, Saint John, Moncton NB and a growing network in Halifax NS. Our network comprises almost 2000km of fibre and almost a quarter-million kilometres of fibre strand across which we deliver 1,10 and 100G lit circuits to a cross-section of customers in various market segments.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
As part of f6networks you will be on the leading edge of telecommunications and connectivity that is utilized by the largest content providers in the world. Across our network flows some of the brightest ideas and greatest research underway in Canada, we are part of Canada's R&D network and are proud to contribute in our own way. Every day we work to provide better access, better value and innovation to a cross-section of customers.