The Chapman Group is assisting their client Rothesay Netherwood School in finding their next Music Teacher to join their teaching community.
Rothesay Netherwood School (1877) is an independent, co-educational boarding and day school for Grades 6 to 12 that offers innovative, world-class learning experiences in a safe and caring school community. Located in Rothesay, New Brunswick, we challenge students to be active, compassionate leaders with a global perspective and the determination to make a difference. The school provides an extensive athletic, arts, leadership, and community service program, outdoor education excursions, and daily participation in sports. We are an IB World School and a member of Round Square. While many of our students are Atlantic Canadian, we also attract students from around the world. More information about our school can be found at www.rns.cc.
RNS is seeking a teacher who is passionate about music and can teach students in both the Middle School and Senior School. This person will also oversee a range of programs, groups, and events and be responsible for sustaining and strengthening a culture of appreciation and informed passion for music in our school community. Most importantly, the successful candidate will be able to inspire young people to seek growth and challenge through participation in our music courses and programs.
What you'll do
Faculty members at RNS contribute beyond the classroom as a co-curricular leaders, advisors, and members of a residence duty team.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
● Teach five (5) courses, including International Baccalaureate Diploma Program Music
● Lead our choir and band programs
● Provide support to our school musicals
● Coordinate the musical elements of a range of public school events
What you'll need
● Bachelor of Education in Music or relevant experience
● A track record of excellence as a music teacher, ideally in an independent school setting.
● The ability to play multiple instruments
● A skill set that includes strong organization and execution abilities
● Positive attitude and flexible approach with students, families and colleagues
● A demonstrable commitment to professional growth
● Experience playing the pipe organ, working with electronic music programs and platforms would be an asset
We're looking for
A little bit about us
The Chapman Group
We are happy to support our client with this recruitment.