Butterfield Support Services (Halifax) Limited provides centralized shared services and support to the Butterfield Group in the areas of Finance and Accounting, Human Resources, Information Technology, Operations, Client Services and Compliance. Operating in multiple jurisdictions, we focus on results, value relationships, and celebrate success. If this sounds like your kind of company, then consider this opportunity to become part of a collaborative team of professionals at the world's leading, independent offshore bank and trust company.
We are seeking a self-starter and results oriented individual to join our Monitoring and Surveillance Team. The Monitoring and Surveillance Analyst is responsible for performing Butterfield's transactions monitoring, payment screening and adverse media screening processes. Through these processes, they provide essential support in ensuring Group follows recognized best practices in Compliance and Financial Crime with legal and regulatory requirements. This position reports to the Team Lead, Monitoring and Surveillance.
What you'll do
• Investigating transaction monitoring alerts and determine if there is any suspicion of Financial Crime, and where appropriate, report these suspicions to the local MLRO in the form of an Internal Disclosure.
• Reviewing alerts generated by the Group's Client & payment screening systems for possible matches against international sanctions lists, adverse media and Politically Exposed Persons.
• Reviewing, analysing and identify customer trends, patterns, and typologies associated with money laundering, terrorist financing and other suspicious transactions.
• Ensuring that all investigations and alerts are appropriately rationalised and documented.
• Identifying higher risk scenarios that require escalation to Vice President for further review.
• Assisting with CDD activities, by reviewing customer and account documentations to ensure accuracy of files, integrity of information across systems against Group standards.
• Liaising with Relationship Managers or other jurisdictional staff to obtain required information and complete alert investigations.
What you'll need
• Develop a full understanding of the Bank's Group Financial Crime Minimum Standards and the Monitoring and Surveillance Team Procedures as they relate to the responsibilities set out above.
• Once training is completed, ensuring that all the alerts are investigated within the target timeframes.
• Ensure that a Quality Assurance pass rates are met.
• Develop sufficient competency within Monitoring and Surveillance applications and assist with the testing of upgrades to enhance functionality when required.
• Manage and prioritise own workload.
• Provide recommendations to Vice President to bring effective controls on the process and systems.
A little bit about us
Butterfield Support Services (Halifax) Limited
To be the leading independent offshore bank and trust company
To build relationships and wealth
Approachable - Collaborative - Empowered - Impactful
Butterfield is a full-service bank and wealth manager headquartered in Hamilton, Bermuda, providing services to clients from Bermuda, the Cayman Islands, Guernsey and Jersey, where our principal banking operations are located, and The Bahamas, Switzerland, Singapore and the United Kingdom, where we offer specialized financial services. Banking services comprise deposit, cash management and lending solutions for individual, business and institutional clients. Wealth management services are composed of trust, private banking, asset management and custody. In Bermuda, the Cayman Islands and Guernsey, we offer both banking and wealth management. In The Bahamas, Singapore and Switzerland, we offer select wealth management services. In the UK, we offer residential property lending. In Jersey, we offer select banking and wealth management services. Butterfield recently established a Support Services Centre in Halifax, NS. Butterfield is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange (symbol: NTB) and the Bermuda Stock Exchange (symbol: NTB.BH).
Butterfield in Halifax
Butterfield Support Services (Halifax) Limited provides centralized, shared services and support to the Butterfield Group in the areas of Finance and Accounting, Human Resources, Information Technology, Operations, Client Services, and Compliance. Our team in Halifax is expanding to meet the growing and diverse needs of our businesses globally.
With more than 1,200 financial services professionals across ten international jurisdictions, the Butterfield experience is enhanced by robust learning and development opportunities, and comprehensive benefits. We provide a respectful environment where we value the diversity of our employees and the talents and experiences they bring to work. With a 160-year tradition of service excellence we empower individuals to achieve their potential and make a positive impact on our business, our clients and our communities.
To learn more about the Butterfield Group please visit www.butterfieldgroup.com.