We are seeking a self-starter and results oriented individual to join our Monitoring and Surveillance Team. The Monitoring and Surveillance Analyst is responsible for performing Butterfield Group's transaction monitoring, payment screening & adverse media screening processes. Through these processes the incumbent ensures that Group follows recognized best practices in Compliance and Financial Crime with legal and regulatory requirements.
What you'll do
• analysing and investigating alerts generated against Sanction Screening lists originated from SWIFT messages according to Butterfield group's policy and guidelines
• carrying out complex research and investigations on potential Sanction matches and escalating the findings to relevant Jurisdictional Compliance team
• conducting searches, gathering data and recording evidence from internal systems and public sources, and when required, liaising with Relationship Managers to obtain additional information to conclude alert investigations
• reviewing, analysing and identifying customer trends, patterns, and typologies associated with money laundering, terrorist financing and other suspicious transactions
• ensuring that all alert analysis and investigations are performed within the timeframe provided in the policy and stipulated in the SLAs
• ensuring that all investigations and alerts are appropriately rationalised and documented
• identifying higher risk scenarios that require escalation to the Team Lead for further review
What you'll need
• bachelor's degree or community college diploma or equivalent experience, with prior experience in AML, OFAC, Sanction Screening preferred
• an understanding of laws and regulations related to banking, Compliance, AML and ATF would be considered an asset
• knowledge of Compliance laws, rules, regulations, risks and typologies
• excellent analytical and critical-thinking skills, with a proven ability to make sound decisions and strong attention to detail
• ability to manage multiple tasks and work accurately and effectively in a deadline-driven environment
• proficiency in MS Office suite of applications
A little bit about us
Butterfield Support Services (Halifax) Limited
To be the leading independent offshore bank and trust company
To build relationships and wealth
Approachable - Collaborative - Empowered - Impactful
Butterfield is a full-service bank and wealth manager headquartered in Hamilton, Bermuda, providing services to clients from Bermuda, the Cayman Islands, Guernsey and Jersey, where our principal banking operations are located, and The Bahamas, Switzerland, Singapore and the United Kingdom, where we offer specialized financial services. Banking services comprise deposit, cash management and lending solutions for individual, business and institutional clients. Wealth management services are composed of trust, private banking, asset management and custody. In Bermuda, the Cayman Islands and Guernsey, we offer both banking and wealth management. In The Bahamas, Singapore and Switzerland, we offer select wealth management services. In the UK, we offer residential property lending. In Jersey, we offer select banking and wealth management services. Butterfield recently established a Support Services Centre in Halifax, NS. Butterfield is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange (symbol: NTB) and the Bermuda Stock Exchange (symbol: NTB.BH).
Butterfield in Halifax
Butterfield Support Services (Halifax) Limited provides centralized, shared services and support to the Butterfield Group in the areas of Finance and Accounting, Human Resources, Information Technology, Operations, Client Services, and Compliance. Our team in Halifax is expanding to meet the growing and diverse needs of our businesses globally.
With more than 1,200 financial services professionals across ten international jurisdictions, the Butterfield experience is enhanced by robust learning and development opportunities, and comprehensive benefits. We provide a respectful environment where we value the diversity of our employees and the talents and experiences they bring to work. With a 160-year tradition of service excellence we empower individuals to achieve their potential and make a positive impact on our business, our clients and our communities.
To learn more about the Butterfield Group please visit www.butterfieldgroup.com.