Do you enjoy the world of real estate working with clients and supporting their dreams? Do you excel working in a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities?
Our Real Property team is seeking an experienced Commercial/Residential Property Paralegal to join our Moncton office for a full-time permanent position. As part of the Real Property team, you will support the real property lawyers in our Moncton office, ensuring the needs of our clients are exceeded with every interaction.
As a Commercial/Residential Property Paralegal, you will be responsible for the following:
- Assisting in all aspects of real estate transactions including residential, commercial, condominium, new construction, financings and subdivision property files;
- Reviewing and drafting closing documents, including resolutions, officers' certificates, and security documents for financings;
- Preparing closing books, drafting reporting letters and opinions and final reports;
- Drafting various conveyance documents, including those required for corporate clients;
- Preparing final reports and other associated closing documents;
- Preparing various documents; including, transfers, HST certificates, adjustments, statutory declarations, for both commercial and residential estate transactions; and,
- Conducting all accounting related processes for all property transactions, including liaising with financial institutions to obtain mortgage releases and to deposit closing funds.
The successful candidate will possess the following skill set:
- The ideal candidate will have a Legal Administration/Paralegal diploma, or other related education;
- 3-5 years experience assisting with residential and or/commercial property matters;
- Exceptional technology skills, with proficiency in all aspects of Microsoft Office, legal billing systems, and property software, Unity;
- Experience with migrations;
- Excel in a demanding, fast-paced team environment, be highly detail-oriented, and be flexible to changing priorities;
- Excellent communication skills, with a special focus on providing exceptional client service; and,
- A positive and collaborative team player with the highest personal integrity and professionalism, always assisting others to ensure the overall team goals are achieved.
Our team members have access to:
- Defined-benefit pension plan;
- Firm-paid health and dental benefits;
- Health spending account;
- Personal (wellness) spending account;
- Time for you:
- Including paid vacation, personal and sick days.
- Balancing life:
- Work from home / Flex work options available for many team members.
- Our Team - we can't say enough about our people! You will be part of a collaborative, collegial, respectful and caring team; and,
- Participating in a variety of teams including our Corporate Social Responsibility, Wellness, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion and so many more.
McInnes Cooper is committed to building an environment that is diverse and inclusive, representative of the communities in which we serve. We welcome and encourage applications from persons who identify as racially visible, Indigenous, persons with disabilities, women in underrepresented roles and members of the 2SLGBTQIA+ community. Applicants from these equity groups may self-identify through our on-line application process.
As part of the recruitment process, MC will provide accommodation(s) to candidates with disabilities. If you require an accommodation(s) to participate in the recruitment process with us, please contact at Alana Burgess at [email protected] or 902.455.8260.
A little bit about us
McInnes Cooper is among Canada's 25 largest business law firms and the exclusive member of Lex Mundi for Atlantic Canada, the world's leading network of independent law firms. Providing strategic counsel to industry-leading clients here and abroad for more than 160 years, we continue to thrive through our relentless focus on client success.
Our mission? To turn our knowledge, skills, and effort into value for our clients and our communities through dedicated leadership.
At McInnes Cooper you will find a team that values you. We recognize that our members are key in delivering outstanding client service and we provide a collaborative, professional environment with a member focused culture. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment that values, respects and supports different perspectives, cultures and experiences.
Diversity & Inclusion
We recognize that our individual differences make us a stronger, more adaptable law firm. We embrace these differences and give all of our members the opportunity to develop their unique skills and talents.
Collective Social Responsibility
We are recognized as a leader and innovator amongst Canadian law firms in the field of Collective Social Responsibility. Our people are concerned citizens who enjoy giving back. Together, we focus on developing ongoing partnerships with community organizations that do amazing work, often despite limited resources and public awareness. As a firm, we have the ability to respond with contributions of time and monetary support, and our people give generously of their skills and effort.
Pro Bono Legal Services
Through our Pro Bono Program, we provide legal counsel to disadvantaged people and organizations that have difficulty gaining access to justice on matters of public interest.
Like any large organization, our operations leave a footprint on the environment. From paper use and waste production to transportation and energy consumption, we continually look for opportunities to minimize that impact.