This position is part of manufacturing and must perform microbiology testing on assigned materials and finished products to support the sterile manufacturing process development. This is a newly created role at Immunovaccine and the incumbent is expected to have hands on experience in microbiology experiments to carry out environmental monitoring; total microbial count; assist in manufacture of aseptic formulations routinely produced in-house for research and collaboration studies. Supports sterilization filter validation, cleaning validation studies and release of final product.The successful candidate will report to the Director, Early Process Development and play a vital role in the sterile manufacturing process development and aseptic formulations that are routinely produced in-house for research and collaboration studies.
What you'll do
- Execute microbial testing on various dosage forms such as liquids, emulsions and freeze-dried vaccine formulations and troubleshoot if needed.
- Assist in sterilization filter validation and cleaning validation studies.
- Hands on experience in media and microbial culture preparation.
- Prepare clean rooms for vaccine preparation and sterile filter validation by fumigation process.
- Perform environmental monitoring (EM) of classified clean rooms and critical utilities, assist in outsourcing the Total Organic Carbon (TOC) testing, total microbial counts, bioburden tests, endotoxin (LAL) and release of final product.
- Prepare vaccine formulations for pre-clinical animal testing under aseptic conditions.
- Prepare formulations and carry out shipments for external laboratory testing.
- Write and executes protocols to perform validation, technology transfer and troubleshooting for microbiology testing.
- Write standard operation procedures (SOPs) for the Microbiology testing of vaccine formulations.
- Review EM data and laboratory equipment documentation and records. Prepare EM trend reports at regular intervals.
- Interacts with external facilities, QC and QA as needed to coordinate testing and support investigation of EM and microbiological excursions.
What you'll need
Minimum qualifications you must possess to be considered for this role:
- Completed B.Sc. with a major or concentration in Microbiology
- Seeking 1-3 years experience, although open to applications from new graduates.
Preferred qualifications for this role:
- 3- 5 years experience in a demonstrably similar position
- Hands on experience in media and microbial culture preparation
- Hands on experience in Total Organic Carbon (TOC) testing, Total microbial counts, bioburden tests, endotoxin (LAL)
- Prepare clean room using fumigation process
- Prepare chemical reagents and formulations
- Ability to carry out microbiological experiments independently or under minimal supervision.
- Act as effective team player and support cross functional department activities.
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Hands on experience in vaccine formulation
- Shipping materials for external lab testing
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements and standards (FDA, EU, ICH, ISO, USP)
We're looking for
A little bit about us
Strong Science Needs Bright Minds
At Immunovaccine, we have high standards. And even higher aspirations.
Our drug candidates are helping us build on this promise. Our technology provides the tools that underscore this mission. And our people are the heart of our operation–the ultimate value-drivers upon which we, as a Company, rest.
We Work Better Together.
Curing diseases-especially the ones that continue to evade and outpace even the brightest minds in our industry-is hard work. Despite the intensity and ferocity of our business, the one thing we do not have to worry about is the morale and the spirit of our people. We work hard and we play hard. Our people enjoy our drive, our mission and the road less traveled here in Halifax. As it turns out, that does make all the difference.
We aim high with our mission, so we expect high performance from our people. Whether you are evaluating T cell responses, coordinating clinical operations with our partners, or working with our investor base, we depend on you to help realize the full value of our organization. In turn, we value you, and what you can bring to our Company. We support you in enjoying life fully while working towards your professional goals. Above all, we cultivate the camaraderie that is the hallmark of our corporate culture.
Happy Employees Produce Strong Results.
Talk to us about joining the Immunovaccine team.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
Our head office is on Summer Street in Halifax, Nova Scotia and we have an office in Quebec City, Quebec. This role will work out of our Halifax, Nova Scotia office. The normal work week is 35 hours, core hours being 9 am – 5 pm. This role will very occasionally see weekend work and/ or extended or early morning hours depending on the project underway at the time. You will spend most of your time standing in a lab environment, you will, have a seated space to complete lab related paperwork or computer work as well.
Travel is not expected for this position, inclusive of professional development opportunities, we expect less than 5% of your time to be spent travelling.
Salary and Benefits:
This will be a salaried position. Please indicate clearly on your application your desired salary for this role.
Compensation will be determined based upon skill set and experience of the selected candidate and benchmarking for the position. Immunovaccine offers paid vacation, health/ dental plan, employee assistance program, stock options, annual bonuses and cost of living increases to eligible employees.
If you feel that you are the best candidate for this position, please apply through the “Apply Now” button.
Please clearly indicate in your application how you meet the requirements for this role, and why you think you would be the best candidate for the role.
Applications will be considered until the competition close date of November 4, 2017 at midnight.
*We appreciate your application but only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. We reserve the right to request interview candidates to complete skill/ behavior based assessments as part of the interview process.
** The successful candidate will be required to provide a Criminal Record Check before their start date.
Immunovaccine Inc. is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company dedicated to making immunotherapy more effective, more broadly applicable, and more widely available to people facing cancer and infectious diseases. Immunovaccine develops cancer immunotherapies and infectious disease vaccines based on the Company’s DepoVax™ platform, a patented delivery agent that provides controlled and prolonged exposure of antigens and adjuvant to the immune system. Immunovaccine has advanced two T cell activation therapies for cancer through Phase 1 human clinical trials and is currently conducting a Phase 1b study with Incyte Corporation assessing lead cancer therapy, DPX-Survivac, as part of a triple combination therapy in ovarian cancer, as well as a Phase 2 study in recurrent lymphoma. The Company is also advancing an infectious disease pipeline, including innovative vaccines for respiratory syncytial virus (RSV), and currently has clinical projects ongoing to assess the potential of DepoVax™ to address malaria and the Zika virus. (Connect at www.imvaccine.com.)