Main responsibility: Support development and lead implementation of digital marketing strategy with a focus on Scotiabank Centre fan engagement.
- Proactive management of Scotiabank Centre's digital strategy to deliver an integrated user experience across multiple channels including email marketing, social media, websites, text campaigns and more.
- Analyze and use customer data and analytics (ex: SEO, Google Analytics, etc) to develop strategic marketing strategies and solutions.
- Development of content/social media strategy for Scotiabank Centre. *Includes some evenings and weekends for monitoring and coverage.
- Management of event promoter marketing programs including advertising campaigns, media opportunities, content development, photography, etc.
- Plan and project manage all areas of assigned marketing projects, including management of budgets, timelines, resources, integration with third-party suppliers and key deliverables.
- University degree or diploma in public relations, communications or marketing or equivalent skills and knowledge.
- 3-5 years of relevant experience.
- Demonstrated relevant experience in website management, Google Analytics reporting, email distribution systems and various CMS systems.
- Strong attention to detail, highly organize and superior project management skills with demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced, deadline driven environment.
- Experience working with social media in a business setting and with multiple platforms and brands.
- Demonstrated experience analyzing customer and online data to inform and develop marketing strategies and measurement tools.
- Agency experience an asset.
Events East is committed to a workforce that is free of discrimination, values diversity and is representative, at all job levels, of the people we serve. We encourage applications from qualified African Nova Scotians, racially visible persons, women in non-traditional positions, persons with disabilities, Aboriginal persons, and persons from the LGBTQ+ community. We encourage applicants to self-identify.
During the recruitment process, applicants have the right to request an accommodation. Any applicant invited to participate in testing or an interview and who requires an accommodation should discuss their needs, in confidence, with the Recruiter when selected.
TO APPLY: Online or via Career Beacon.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Applications will be reviewed as they are received until the position is filled.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for interview will be contacted.
For further information, please visit our website at www.eventseast.com
A little bit about us
We manage and operate the Halifax Convention Centre, Scotiabank Centre and Ticket Atlantic. Created as part of a government partnership between the Province of Nova Scotia and Halifax Regional Municipality, we work in collaboration with them to manage our business in a responsible and transparent manner.
We were established in 2014 through legislation to operate, maintain and manage the activities of the Halifax Convention Centre in a manner that will promote and develop economic development, tourism and industry in the Province generally, and the Municipality.
Effective April 1, 2017, our mandate expanded to include the continued management and operations of Scotiabank Centre and Ticket Atlantic, formerly under Trade Centre Limited (TCL).
Our facilities and the events we attract are platforms for prosperity. Whether we’re attracting large delegations or hosting an elite group of athletes for an international competition, we are a catalyst for new opportunities and connections between Nova Scotia and the world.
MISSION: WE CONNECT THE WORLD TO NOVA SCOTIA BY CREATING MEMORABLE EVENT EXPERIENCES.
VISION: OUR PEOPLE AND OUR COMMUNITY MAKE US THE FAVOURED EVENT DESTINATION FOR OUR GUESTS.