At Events East Group, we proudly manage and operate the Halifax Convention Centre, Scotiabank Centre and Ticket Atlantic. Our facilities and the events we attract are platforms for prosperity. Whether we're attracting large delegations or hosting an elite group of athletes for an international competition, we are a catalyst for new opportunities and connections between Nova Scotia and the world.
We are now inviting applications for the position Marketing & Communications Advisor.
This role will support and coordinate communications, promotions, marketing and community engagement activities for all areas of Events East's business.
Support and execute corporate communications activities including briefing notes, speeches, communications plans and organizational responses/correspondence as required.
Proactive management of assigned projects including the development of communications plans, promotional strategies and engagement activities along with required timeline and budget management.
Development of corporate reporting such as media monitoring and analysis, accountability reports, in collaboration with the Director, Communications & Marketing. Includes liaising with internal and external stakeholders, timeline management, writing and other duties as required.
Support the implementation of the Halifax Convention Centre and Scotiabank Centre's marketing strategies with a focus on:
- Development of client communications and marketing tools.
- Proactive content creation.
- Ongoing management and implementation of email and other digital marketing campaigns.
- Working directly with event promoters on advertising campaigns, media opportunities, content development, photography, etc.
- Support management and execution of internal communications and engagement strategy.
- Support execution and program management of organizational Community Relations Program including liaising with partners/clients, internal stakeholders, community organizations and volunteers.
Education & Experience
- University degree or diploma in public relations, communications or marketing.
- 3+ years of relevant experience.
- An equivalent combination of education, experience, skills and knowledge will be considered.
Job Specific/Technical Knowledge
- Excellent communication, writing and proofreading skills.
- Strong logic, analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Experienced team player who enjoys working collaboratively and brings innovative ideas to the table.
- Experience working with social media in a business setting, including content creation, planning and reporting.
- Experience developing and executing media plans.
- Demonstrated relevant experience in website management, Google Analytics reporting, email distribution systems and various CMS systems.
- Strong attention to detail, highly organize and superior project management skills with demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced, deadline driven environment.
- Knowledge and experience with SharePoint and Microsoft Office.
- Previous experience with MailChimp and Survey Monkey.
- Confidence in evaluating options and making strong recommendations on proposed solutions.
- Agency experience an asset.
Events East is committed to a workforce that is free of discrimination, values diversity and is representative, at all job levels, of the people we serve. We encourage applications from qualified African Nova Scotians, racially visible persons, women in non-traditional positions, persons with disabilities, Aboriginal persons and persons from the LGBTQ+ community. We encourage applicants to self-identify.
Applicants are advised testing may be a component of the selection process. Any applicant invited to participate in testing or an interview and who requires an accommodation should discuss their needs, in confidence, with the Recruiter when selected.
HOW TO APPLY: Submit Resume via Career Beacon
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Applications will be reviewed as they are received until the position is filled.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for interview will be contacted.
For further information, please visit our website at www.eventseast.com
A little bit about us
We manage and operate the Halifax Convention Centre, Scotiabank Centre and Ticket Atlantic. Created as part of a government partnership between the Province of Nova Scotia and Halifax Regional Municipality, we work in collaboration with them to manage our business in a responsible and transparent manner.
We were established in 2014 through legislation to operate, maintain and manage the activities of the Halifax Convention Centre in a manner that will promote and develop economic development, tourism and industry in the Province generally, and the Municipality.
Effective April 1, 2017, our mandate expanded to include the continued management and operations of Scotiabank Centre and Ticket Atlantic, formerly under Trade Centre Limited (TCL).
Our facilities and the events we attract are platforms for prosperity. Whether we’re attracting large delegations or hosting an elite group of athletes for an international competition, we are a catalyst for new opportunities and connections between Nova Scotia and the world.
MISSION: WE CONNECT THE WORLD TO NOVA SCOTIA BY CREATING MEMORABLE EVENT EXPERIENCES.
VISION: OUR PEOPLE AND OUR COMMUNITY MAKE US THE FAVOURED EVENT DESTINATION FOR OUR GUESTS.