The Maritime Helicopter Program has an opening for an experienced resource to fill the Operator role on the Maritime Helicopter Training Suite (MHTS). The Flight Simulator Operator is responsible for operating the CH148 flight training devices during training events as well as perform required readiness checks on device equipment. In addition, the Flight Simulator Operator will monitor the event simulation and assist as required in the control of training event scenario operating conditions and will also operate and monitor TIMS Playback data capture and processing.
What you'll do
• Operate the MHTS training devices suite equipment. Principally, the CH148 Flight simulator in standalone and Operational Mission Simulator modes.
• Support as required on MHTS Operations related issues.
• Support training device modifications as required including review/revision of testing documentation development and conduct as appropriate.
• Development or revision of MHTS Operations related Standard Operating Procedures
• Interact with personnel as required for schedule revision and development.
• Support troubleshooting as required on issues related to revision or maintenance of training device related configuration management data.
• Support the Continuous Improvement process for courseware and other training material.
• Support completion, submission and approval of the MHTS Acceptance Test Procedures and Maintenance Program.
• Provide status of all aspects of MHTS Operations related schedule status, work and issues as required facilitating program status update.
• Support in the preparations for management reviews, working groups and interface meetings as required.
• Utilize Integrated Information Environment (IIE) information services and enabling systems as required to conduct Training Service Support work.
• Support completion of Training Service MHTS Operations Support validation/verification activities
• Contribute to the effective and efficient conduct of operations at the MHTC
• Be prepared to work independently or as a team member on assigned projects related to MHTC operations
• Fulfill other duties and responsibilities as detailed in the MHTC Flight Simulator Operator job description
What you'll need
• At least over 10 years of Military experience
• Previous military instructional/standards background an asset
• Understanding of Flight Simulation and training development
• Community College diploma with over 7 years of experience
• BA/BS degree with over 5 years of experience
• Possess or be capable of attaining a NATO Secret security classification on hire
• Proven ability in planning and problem solving
• Demonstrate ability to work with others in a stressful environment
• Possess a working knowledge of common office computer software applications
• Thorough understanding and application of RCAF and Canadian Forces training doctrine, policies and practices (CFITES).
We're looking for
A little bit about us
Bluedrop Training & Simulation
Bluedrop Training & Simulation Inc. (BTS) operates within the defense and aerospace industry where it designs and develops highly specialized, high performance, tactical training for front line operators of equipment working in complex environments and high-risk situations. This includes, training systems needs analysis, custom courseware development, virtual simulation training devices, and ongoing training support for in service support. Typical customers include Tier one OEMs such as Boeing, Lockheed Martin and Sikorsky.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
This is an excellent opportunity for ambitious, career-oriented individuals who wish to be part of a large, dynamic and highly successful organization. We offer competitive compensation, as well as exceptional career growth potential. Please forward your resume to be considered for this current vacancy. While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
Bluedrop Training & Simulation Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We just hire the best….