Kraken Robotics offers a unique career opportunity to work with an internationally recognized leader in ocean technology that is harnessing our world class talent to provide superior subsea solutions for global security, environmental, and scientific challenges. Our highly talented team design and manufacture technology platforms for NATO navies and commercial clients throughout the world and provide acoustic 3D Synthetic Aperture Sonar (SAS) data solutions and imaging in the offshore sector with increasing focus on offshore renewables.
Kraken offers an attractive and competitive compensation package designed to reward our team for a job well done. With locations around the world, we support remote packages and encourage professional and cultural collaborations. Kraken is an equal opportunity employer focused on promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion and we value the diversity of our team that contributes to our company growth and development.
We are seeking a Marine Engineer to support our growing business. The successful candidate will be able to work in a fast-paced team environment and would be interested in contributing to the direction of future Kraken products.
What you'll do
- Primary Engineer responsible for overall maintenance and upkeep of 20m, 72T Aluminium Catamaran.
- Develop and implement Vessel Maintenance Plan
- Review OEM Equipment Manuals to determine maintenance tasks and intervals, enter into vessel management software;
- Perform regular maintenance tasks, ensure maintenance tracker is kept up to date;
- Liaise with third-party support services as primary point of contact and oversee service calls/repairs as necessary.
- Complete digital Materials Requisition Orders to procure materials and spares.
- Complete Digital Engineer's Log Daily, detailing tasks completed and pertinent information.
- Identify critical vessel spares, tools, supplies, perform quarterly inventory audits, ensure adequate stock levels are maintained via vessel management software.
- Track and maintain certifications of onboard equipment via vessel management software.
- Work closely with Project Managers to coordinate maintenance and operations schedules.
- Become familiar with all onboard equipment, identify and implement operational improvements as needed.
- Carry out other tasks as equired and within the competence of the job holder.
What you'll need
- Transport Canada Certified to Minimum 4th Class Marine Engineer - Steamship or Motor Vessel
- Minimum three years relevant industry experience in a marine engineering position
- Strong computer literacy and administrative skills
- Learn and utilize Vessel Management software proficiently;
- Ability to communicate effectively via email;
- Familiarity with Microsoft Platform (Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams, Etc.) or ability to familiarize and become proficient.
- Valid safety training, medical and offshore certifications
- Familiarity with Marine Safety Management Systems - willingness and ability to practice and promote safe working culture onboard
- ·Prior Military Experience considered a strong asset
We're looking for
A little bit about us
Kraken Robotic Systems Inc.
Kraken Robotic Systems Inc. is a marine technology company engaged in the design and development of advanced handling systems, sensors, software, subsea batteries, and underwater robotics for Unmanned Maritime Vehicles used in military and commercial applications. www.krakenrobotics.com
Are you interested?
Work With Us
Want to apply your skills, knowledge and expertise to push the boundaries of underwater intelligence - which help governments defend and make our oceans safe, or ensure critical offshore energy and communications infrastructure is installed and maintained efficiently? If innovation drives you, and you want a career that makes a difference, helping humanity overcome the challenges in our oceans - safely, efficiently, and sustainably - then come join us at Kraken Robotics.