Apex is currently accepting applications for a Manual Machinist within its Custom Contract Manufacturing Group. Reporting to the Machine Shop Supervisor, the primary role of this full-time position is to operate as a general machinist using conventional machining equipment such as vertical and horizontal mills for drilling, turning, and tapping operations.
- Machining assorted types and grades of materials to close tolerances.
- Operate hand tools and use precision measuring devices.
- Read and interpret technical information - i.e. blueprints, specifications, etc.
- Maintain production schedules.
- Recognize and communicate areas to improve to the lead-hand(s).
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment.
- Other duties as assigned to meet operational requirements.
- High school diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- College diploma in Manual Machining or equivalent combination of education and work experience would be considered an asset and training will be provided.
- Mechanical aptitude with knowledge of hand tools and precision measuring devices.
- Strong working knowledge of GD and T.
- Mathematical capabilities.
- Ability to work both individually or as part a team environment with a positive attitude in a fast-paced production area.
- Knowledge of the manufacturing industry would be considered an asset.
- Ability to follow verbal or written instructions and work under little or no supervision.
Apex Industries Inc. is a Canadian corporation with the headquarters in Moncton, New Brunswick. A diversified company, Apex operates business units in the aerospace industry, heavy machining and fabrication, manufacturing, and distribution of metal doors, frames, and related hardware, and sale or service of commercial and residential overhead garage doors.
For over 60 years we have built and maintained long-term relationships with our customers and supply chain by providing value, expertise, and resources.
Please submit a resume quoting competition number 22MM0123 to Human Resources by:
Email : [email protected]
Fax : 506-857-1594
Mail : 100 Millennium Blvd
Moncton NB E1E 2G8