Date Posted: May 17, 2023
Posting Deadline: May 31, 2023
Department: People & Culture
Type of Employment: Permanent, Full-time
Group Affiliation: APC Group, Group 8 ($84,823 - $109,317 annually)
At Saint Mary's University, you will be surrounded by a talented and dedicated team of professionals committed to accessibility, diversity, and the provision of a positive and supportive learning environment. We recognize the importance of the contribution and growth of each individual in the University's success. We are currently looking to fill the position of Manager, Talent Acquisition to join our People & Culture team.
What we offer
As a team member at Saint Mary's, we are proud to offer many benefits. Some of these include:
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Defined Contribution Pension plan
- Personal days
- Flexible Workplace
- Professional development
- Holiday closure
- Summer hour schedule
- Employee Transit EPass through Halifax Transit
Job Information and Responsibilities
Under the direction of the Director, Employee Experience, the Manager, Talent Acquisition will:
- Develop talent acquisition solutions and make recommendations based on an understanding of the departmental and University strategy and stakeholder needs.
- Conduct industry analysis & trends to better understand target segments, candidate pools and unique recruiting opportunities.
- Implement strategies to attract top talent and improve employee experiences and engagement.
- Provide advice and guidance to the People & Culture team on appropriate selection processes and will participate on selection committees as required.
- Responsible for championing EDI initiatives within the Talent Acquisition area by ensuring an EDI lens is applied to all Talent Acquisition activities and initiatives.
- Responsible for building relationships with groups who are underrepresented in employment at the University and increasing the number of applicants who self-identify as members of designated groups.
- Develop and implement recruitment and selection procedures and processes and ensures these procedures are in compliance with legislation, collective agreements, and/or policy requirements.
- Provide training of Department Heads/managers on selection processes.
- Develop and implement a Hiring Authorization Process including managing the vacancy report.
- Design and produce regular and ad-hoc reports, and dashboards.
- Oversee onboarding website and ensure related material is current and reflects best practice.
- Review recommendations for improvement to exit interview process. Implement change as needed and follow up with Managers/Supervisors on issues arising from exit interviews.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships within the University Community and with colleagues at other institutions.
- Work with the Director, Employee Experience in developing, coordinating, and implementing various projects and may serve as backup and designate for the Director, Employee Experience including signing authority and emergency management, as needed.
Experience and Education Requirements
To be the successful Manager, Talent Acquisition you will have:
- Bachelor degree in a related field and a certificate in Human Resources Management or an or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of five (5) years' of directly related experience which includes increasing levels of leadership, responsibility and accountability or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience and demonstrated results in recruiting or sourcing in a similar environment.
- Experience working in a unionized environment.
- Experience with an HRIS.
- Advanced working knowledge of relevant employment, labour and human rights legislation and regulations.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; written and oral communication, organizational, and solid conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to function independently and as a part of a team.
- An in-depth understanding of equity principles, relevant legislation, and potential legal liability.
- High degree of cultural proficiency with a demonstrated track record of working effectively within and across equity-seeking communities.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Proficiency with MS Office Products.
- Chartered Professional in Human Resources (CPHR) an asset.
- Experience in a leadership role would be considered an asset.
Apply for this opportunity online using our online application system through Career Beacon. Click on "Apply Now" and complete all required information fields. Qualified candidates should submit the following with their application:
- Cover Letter
- Three Professional References
Late applications may not receive consideration. We appreciate all applications and note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone calls please.
At Saint Mary's University, equity and diversity are integral to excellence and enrich our community. As an institution committed to fostering an environment of inclusion and respect, we encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, preference will be given to applicants who self-identify as Black/African Nova Scotians, Indigenous peoples, racialized persons/visible minorities, persons with disabilities and women. If you require accommodations during the recruitment process, please contact Talent Acquisition at [email protected].
A little bit about us
Saint Mary’s University
Saint Mary's University is one of Canada's top primary undergraduate universities--known for its international collaborations, leadership in entrepreneurship, and research that benefits local and global communities. Our programs in Arts, Science, Graduate Studies and the Sobey School of Business are among Canada's best and feature professors who are committed to the success of their students. Saint Mary's provides our 7,000 students with a place that fosters possibility, excellent research opportunities, and distinguished graduate and professional programs combined with a caring community. Nestled in the heart of Halifax, Nova Scotia, on Canada's east coast, Saint Mary's University is marked by iconic buildings, green spaces and fresh ocean air. The Saint Mary's University community is committed to a prosperous future for the world-a world without limits.
Learn more about working at Saint Mary's University here and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram!