Reporting to the National Sales Manager, the candidate is responsible for providing support to sales representatives, ensuring the accuracy of groups sold, maintaining administrative relationships with business partners, and ensuring reconciliation of business line transactional data.
These responsibilities therefore cover 3 departments, namely '' New groups'', "sales support", and data analysts/specialists (accounting).
What you'll do
- Responsible for administrative and follow-up requests from partners
- Manage a multidisciplinary team (3 departments, mentionned previously)
- Find effective ways of maximizing the efficiency of the "sales groups" team.
- Develop a sales support service offer and ensure its execution.
- Set up tracking and monitoring mechanisms to ensure the integrity and management of the financial data
What you'll need
- University degree in administration, management, accounting or equivalent;
- More than three (3) years experience in a related field;
- Must have knowledge of group insurance, its benefits and how it works.
- Good knowledge and skills in personnel management and leadership to motivate teams.
- Must have strong analytical and numerical skills (accounting knowledge).
- Good interpersonal and persuasive skills with excellent customer service knowledge.
- Basic knowledge of the most common Microsoft Office programs.
- Communication skills (written and oral, English and French)
- Understanding of reports and contracts: Ability to negotiate and make decisions, while respecting established standards and limits.
If this challenge corresponds to your professional aspirations and you would like to play a key role in the stimulating development of our company, please apply before November 28, 2023
A little bit about us
At Assumption Life, we value the development of our employees in diversified and inclusive work teams that foster creative thinking and innovation.
Assumption Life is deeply committed to its community's development
Founded in 1903 in Massachusetts, Assumption Life is the result of a group of people who want to take their destiny into their own hands. Their goal was simple: to ensure the prosperity of Acadian families in New England. Since its inception, Assumption Life has continued to making difference beyond the borders of l'Acadie for all families across Canada. Our Company, which began as a great idea 116 years ago, is now one of the largest mutual life insurance and financial services companies in Canada. Today, this culture of generosity and commitment is demonstrated by our employees. Whether it is helping out at special events, raising funds for charities or, helping people in need, Assumption Life employees are very committed to their community and are always ready to help.
An employer of choice
We ensure competitive salaries, as well as performance-based bonuses, generous benefits and flexibility in our policies and practices to respond to the needs of our employees.
Assumption Life is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We extend employment regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, family status, genetic characteristics, disability, gender identity or gender expression, status of a pardoned person, social condition or political activity. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation for an interview, please let us know by emailing [email protected]
Are you interested?
Work With Us
- The chance to be part of a dynamic, high-performance team that adheres to the following ethical values: leadership, collaboration, trust and commitment;
- Opportunities for training and development;
- A comprehensive benefits package including competitive salary, bonus, pension and benefits;
- A dynamic downtown Moncton location;
- A paid volunteer day;
- Time off to care for family members and pets.