Manager of Support Services- Gables Lodge
Assumes responsibility for the management of housekeeping, laundry and maintenance services. Ensures that the physical building, clothing, linen and property are maintained in a safe and sanitary condition for residents, staff and visitors. Ensures that departmental goals and objectives are established that are consistent with the mission and values of Gables Lodge.
What you'll need
- Diploma/Degree in an applicable field and two years of relevant experience.
- Knowledge and Experience in Environmental and Maintenance Standards, Safety and Preventive Maintenance
- Healthcare experience preferred
- Clear criminal and vulnerable sector check
- Experience and knowledge in geriatrics, long-term care a definite asset.
- Excellent communication skills required
- Organizational and planning skills required
- Conflict resolution required
- Financial management preferred
- Labour relations and negotiation skills required
- Familiar with payroll processes
- Able to conduct interviews
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Amherst, NS B4H 3C9: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- environmental managementnt: 1 year (preferred)
- healthcare: 1 year (preferred)
- maintenance management: 1 year (preferred)
Look for yourself
A little bit about us
GEM Health Care Group
GEM Health Care Group is a Nova Scotian, family run business which has been enhancing the lives of seniors in the communities where they operate since 1979.
We continue to remain a leader in transforming how health care is delivered to seniors in Nova Scotia and we strive to provide the best care, service, and quality of life for our residents in a safe, dignified, home-like environment.
GEM currently operates various levels of seniors' care facilities throughout Nova Scotia, Ontario, and in Hollywood, Florida.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
Salary: $55,000.00 per year
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Monday to Friday