Employment Type: Full Time, Permanent
People manager: YES
Work Location / Market: FACE Office or Remote work.
As the Manager of Accounting & Capital Funding (MACF), you possess extensive knowledge in wealth management, capital funding and investing, project finance, accounting, financing, and nonprofit reporting. You lead with a growth mindset and help develop and implement the organization's strategies, ensuring an appropriate balance between risk, return, social, economic and community impact whilst delivering customized, mutually beneficial solutions for all stakeholders.
The MACF leads, manages and coordinates all financial matters in compliance with relevant legal and regulatory and FACE policies. You are responsible to help develop the organization's budget, maintain the financial statements, manage cash flows, and ensure appropriate and timely settlements from/to partners as appropriate. You play a key role in the development of new capital market structures and vehicles in coordination with the FACE's executive. You provide timely and relevant data analytics reports, advice and counsel to FACE's Senior Management and deliver on FACE Strategic Priorities, Vision, and Mission.
Overview of Responsibilities
In this role you will:
- Develop short through long-term capital funding plans for grant revenue, investor partnerships, and other sources of capital.
- Seek out, negotiate, and develop investment agreements with institutional and/or other investors, with a focus on FACE's capitalization needs, whilst limiting the compliance burden, and ensuring excellent investor relationship management.
- Oversee investments, monitor and manage liquidity and ensure effective investment allocation and investment policy and covenant compliance.
- Oversee day-to-day finance and accounting operations, including cash flow management, ensuring effective policies, procedures, internal controls, and effective systems are embedded and maintained.
- Collaborate with relevant partners to ensure timely and accurate capital transfers and other settlements.
- Develop and utilize predictive model financial and scenario analysis.
- Help develop, monitor and tweak short, medium, and long-term operating budgets and financial projections on an ongoing basis, coordinating and collaborating with senior leadership; review these plans with the C-Suite and appropriate committee of the Board of Managers.
- Lead, coordinate and assist, as a key point of contact for financial audits and related due diligence matters.
- Ensure proper corporate tax return filing, in compliance with legal and regulatory requirements.
- Ensure timely and accurate financial reporting to all relevant partners, investors, senior management, and the Board of Managers.
- Provide accurate trend and spot reports as required to the C-Suite and Board of Managers, on the financial health of the organization, including results to plan and activity-based financial analyses.
- Be agile, adapt and pivot easily to changing circumstances while managing the accounting and finance staff.
- Remain abreast with all legal and regulatory requirements and identify, communicate, and rectify any potential gaps or concerns.
- Help develop solutions to expand the scope of financing solutions, support the creation of new programs, products, services and initiatives.
- University Degree in Accounting / Finance or other relevant professional qualification such as a level-3 CFA, CPA or related designation. An MBA would be an asset.
- Minimum of eight years' experience in accounting, capital markets, wealth management, treasury, audit, or related field.
- Significant experience in financial planning, wealth management, investment and tax strategy.
- Strong understanding of investment vehicles, and credit products and services.
- Strong analytical, risk assessment and monitoring skills; breakthrough thinking; conceptual thinking; business strategy knowledge.
- Proficient at understanding of financial modeling, financial statements, and related analysis.
- Analytical, curious mindset with the ability to manage details and filter out extraneous data.
- Strong negotiation, presentation, reporting, organizational, interpersonal, creative problem-solving and collaborative skills.
- Proven ability to write clearly and concisely with excellent listening and verbal skills.
- Strong time management with ability to proactively manage deadlines, treat with obstacles, develop effective solutions/ recommendations and work within a dynamic environment.
- Ability to think strategically, anticipate future trends, consequences, and build the organization framework to address dynamic circumstances.
- Well versed with Microsoft Office Suite / applications including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
Applications will be accepted until February 16, 2024 or untill the position is filled. Compensation may be based on skills and or prior experience in a similar capacity.
We're looking for
A little bit about us
Federation of African Canadian Economics
FACE is a national and bilingual Black-led non-profit organisation focused on providing resources and information to the Black community across Canada with the aim of accelerating wealth creation for Canadians of African descent.
In partnership with the Federal Government of Canada, FACE created a Black Entrepreneurship Loan Fund to help Black business owners with access to capital investments, working capital, or additional business resources for expansion. FACE has several other major partners that help further the mission of providing Black Canadians with the necessary resources, knowledge, and confidence to not only operate successfully as Black entrepreneurs but to thrive as a community across the nation.