Atlantic Lottery (AL) is seeking a Manager, Finance - Operations located in Moncton, NB with a flexible work agreement available.
As the Manager, Finance - Operations you will play a key leadership role in the finance division, helping to shape current and future finance leaders and creating a positive work experience for the team while ensuring accurate and timely execution of core finance functions. You are responsible for coordinating and managing the execution of Finance deliverables including monthly financial statements, annual budgets, quarterly projections and other short and long-term planning initiatives in accordance with legislative and regulatory requirements. As with all roles at Atlantic Lottery, you also ensure continued process optimization by challenging the status quo, employee coaching and development, and demonstrated value delivered to the business.
What you'll do
Lead - Manage a team to effectively address priorities and provide career coaching.
Financial Statement Preparation - Oversee the preparation and delivery of monthly financial statements.
Stakeholder and Management Report Delivery - Lead the development and on-going evolution of management reports.
External Report and Ad-hoc Request for Information Delivery - Ensure the complete, accurate and timely provision of all standard external reporting requirements and ad-hoc requests.
Annual Budget Preparation - Collaborate with business units to organize and execute the delivery of the annual corporate budget.
Financial Planning and Results Monitoring - Lead the execution of corporate planning activities including Projections, the Quarterly Business Review, and Long-term Forecast.
Systems and Process Optimization - Develop a strategy and action plan to optimize the effectiveness of finance processes through the efficient use of systems.
Standards and Policies Management - Establish and maintain appropriate accounting policies to conform to IFRS standards, minimize unnecessary complexity, and benefit financial statement presentation.
What you'll need
Education and Experience:
- University degree or college diploma preferred (preferably in business or similar focus).
- Minimum of 5+ years' experience managing a team and financial processes.
- CPA designation, with preference for an audit background.
- Must be 19 years of age or older to apply.
- Highly effective at communicating, building relationships and influencing others
- Excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to lead cross-functional teams.
- Strong decision-making skills; comfortable dealing with ambiguity.
- Analytical mind, creative problem-solving capabilities that inspires innovation.
- Natural leader with a proven ability to coach and develop others.
- Standard process improvement methodologies experience.
- Change Management experience.
- Oracle eBS and Hyperion experience.
- Experience working under International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
- Extended health coverage that includes medical, dental, and vision.
- Basic life insurance, disability, and wellness programs.
- Defined Benefit Pension Plan.
- Four weeks of vacation annually (pro-rated) plus one week of management leave (pro-rated).
- Three personal leave days per year.
- Two volunteer days per year.
- Short-term incentive program based on personal and corporate performance.
- Career advancement opportunities.
Recruitment Process: The last couple of years has accelerated change across our workplace, including our hiring practices! As a result, throughout your application process, you may be asked to connect with us virtually, and may not be required to meet in-person. All interviews are conducted in English, our working language, unless otherwise stated.
Internal Employees: Internal Employees interested in this opportunity must be in "good standing," which entails meeting expectations on their previous performance review. Performance Improvement plans, disciplinary action memos, attendance, training and other performance related memos will be taken into consideration as well, when determining the applicant's "good standing" status.
A little bit about us
Our players have been having fun and "dreaming big" since 1976 when Atlantic Lottery started offering lottery games on behalf of the governments of Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador and Prince Edward Island. The game options have grown and changed over the years and so has our workforce! Today's Atlantic Lottery has more than 600 employees, who are the heart and soul of our business. We offer everything from dare-to-dream draw games to online bingo; breakopen tickets to sports wagering; and games in social settings and on the internet. With games come winners - big and small wins every day - but the best thing about lottery games is that when you choose to play with us, everyone benefits. 100% of our profits go back into our communities. That feels good! #ProudToBeAL
We are proud, gritty, community-minded, and punch above our weight. Being Atlantic Canadian means that we work hard and we know how to have fun. It also means that we genuinely care for each other as co-workers, neighbours, and friends.
Now that you can work from anywhere, your best life is waiting in Atlantic Canada. At Atlantic Lottery, you can choose to live and work in any of our four Atlantic provinces. Explore living East:
Are you interested?
Work With Us
We are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodations), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please note that the successful candidate will be subject to reference and criminal/educational background checks prior to employment.