PLATO is Canada's only Indigenous-led, Indigenous staffed software testing services firm. We insist on working with quality people who share our passion for quality testing, and have built a team of people who also believe quality is the most important deliverable. Our team of software testing specialists believe that better software leads to a better world.
We are committed to building strong communities - PLATO trains and employs members of First Nations, Metis, and Inuit communities across the country and strives to build a network of 1000 Indigenous software testers across Canada. PLATO has offices on or near Indigenous communities across Canada, in Fredericton, Miramichi, Sault Ste Marie, Regina, Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver, and Victoria.
Our company is growing rapidly, and so is our requirement to hire a Manager of Apprentice Training and Development, who will provide technical and people leadership to junior PLATO employees.
What you'll do
- Define standards and processes related to skill development, orientation, and onboarding
- Prepare for and deliver training
- Organize activities that support apprentice skill development
- Develop and maintain detailed progress reporting and metrics on employee performance
- Assess and manage issues, risks, and changes as they arise
- Provide leadership and mentorship to junior team members
- Working out Loud - speak at meetups and webinars, and develop articles and blog posts
- Work actively towards employee retention
Assist in project delivery management
- Ensure a high staff retention
- Identify value add opportunities for juniors and promote them appropriately
- Produce detailed project reporting and metrics including regular internal status reports
- Work closely with project delivery managers to ensure junior employees are following testing best practices and guidelines
- Collaborate with Delivery Leadership to ensure junior resources are getting project experience and are being mentored by senior team members
What you'll need
- A university degree or a college diploma in a related discipline
- Progressive Testing experience
- Supervisory experience
- Has worked in IT service delivery, with projects spanning at least three different industry verticals
- Assisted with the detailed analysis and interpretation of results to help identify and isolate issues
- Decision-maker and influencer with proven leadership skills
- Detail oriented while working in a versatile environment
- Flexible and self-motivated
- Ability to multi-task and work well under pressure to meet deadlines
- Highly motivated, participative leader with a proactive approach
We're looking for
A little bit about us
Who We Are
PLATO is a software testing and technology services company trusted by clients around the world.
In addition to providing our clients the highest quality software testing services, PLATO is creating careers in technology for First Nations, Inuit, and Métis people from coast to coast to coast through our innovative train-and-employ model. Since 1997, we have been helping organizations all over the world reach their quality objectives by delivering scalable, proven, quality-centric managed services. Companies such as Apple, Suncor, TD Bank, Medavie, BCLC, LinkedIn, Boeing, and many others have gained considerable advantage from our Quality Assurance (QA), Testing, and eLearning expertise and experience.
We deliver specialized QA services to our clients with the goal of helping them increase profitability, boost customer satisfaction, manage development cycles and implement quality-centric solutions. We develop innovative approaches and solutions, designed to generate increased efficiencies, competitive advantage, and market share for our clients.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
At PLATO, we encourage our employees' personal career growth. We have plans in place to make sure that each employee is connected with a people manager to help guide them through their professional development, offer e-learning classes, and give our employees the opportunity to pursue software certifications for cutting-edge technologies.
PLATO respectfully acknowledges that our offices are located on treaty territories, unceded First Nations and Inuit territories, and part of Métis homelands. We honour their long history of welcoming many Nations to the beautiful Turtle Island and we actively work towards reconciliation between Métis, Inuit, and First Nation peoples and non-Indigenous people on this Land.
We contribute to proactive employment practices to promote inclusivity and diversity to those especially marginalized populations such as women, persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities, First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples, and all other groups protected under the Human Rights Code.
We are committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require accommodation during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.
Posting expiry date: May 30, 2023
JOB ID: 23C002