At Events East Group, we proudly manage and operate the Halifax Convention Centre, Scotiabank Centre and Ticket Atlantic. Our facilities and the events we attract are platforms for prosperity. Whether we're attracting large delegations or hosting an elite group of athletes for an international competition, we are a catalyst for new opportunities and connections between Nova Scotia and the world.
We are now inviting applications for the position Manager, Accounting.
Reporting to the Director, Finance & Corporate IT, the Manager, Accounting is responsible for ensuring the delivery of high-quality accounting and financial services including the efficient processing of accounting transactions for both Events East Group and Scotiabank Centre. In addition, the Manager is responsible to ensure the accuracy, completeness and timeliness of all accounting transactions in preparation for financial statement review. The Manager, Accounting is responsible for managing, coaching and leading the accounting team to ensure monthly, quarterly and year-end targets are achieved.
- Manage and oversee the daily operations of the accounting department
- Prepare accurate and timely monthly financial information
- Accountable for the efficient operation of all general accounting functions and related transactions
- Oversee accounts payable, accounts receivable and cash management functions
- Preparation and review of reconciliations, working papers and analysis, including providing explanatory comments on operational results
- Work with the Director during the year-end audit process to prepare audit working papers and respond to auditor inquiries
- Support the Director with special projects and workflow process improvements
- Support budget and forecast activities
- Provide leadership, training and coaching to accounting team, including annual performance goals and evaluations
Education & Experience
- Professional accounting designation
- 3 to 5 years of experience in general accounting
Job Specific/Technical Knowledge
- Strong team member with a proven ability to lead accounting staff in meeting tight, ongoing deadlines
- Proven skills in establishing clear, efficient, sustainable and enforceable processes that support financial controls
- Ability to understand both manual and system-driven accounting practices
- Strong skills in Microsoft Excel
- Proven knowledge of accounting principles, practices, standards, laws and regulations
- Exhibit a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong problem solving and interpersonal skills
Given the nature of our operating environment, the requirements of our clients, and the importance of public confidence in the safety of the service we provide, it is critical that Events East and its employees take any and all precautions to protect against the spread of COVID-19. Please take note Events East requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Events East is committed to a workforce that is free of discrimination, values diversity and is representative, at all job levels, of the people we serve. We encourage applications from qualified African Nova Scotians, racially visible persons, women in non-traditional positions, persons with disabilities, Aboriginal persons and persons from the LGBTQ+ community. We encourage applicants to self-identify.
Applicants are advised testing may be a component of the selection process. Any applicant invited to participate in testing or an interview and who requires an accommodation should discuss their needs, in confidence, with the Recruiter when selected.
How to Apply: Submit Cover Letter & Resume via Career Beacon
Deadline to Apply: Screening of Candidates will begin October 29th, however the posting will be open until November 17th or until filled.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for interview will be contacted.
For further information, please visit our website at www.eventseast.com
A little bit about us
We manage and operate the Halifax Convention Centre, Scotiabank Centre and Ticket Atlantic. Created as part of a government partnership between the Province of Nova Scotia and Halifax Regional Municipality, we work in collaboration with them to manage our business in a responsible and transparent manner.
We were established in 2014 through legislation to operate, maintain and manage the activities of the Halifax Convention Centre in a manner that will promote and develop economic development, tourism and industry in the Province generally, and the Municipality.
Effective April 1, 2017, our mandate expanded to include the continued management and operations of Scotiabank Centre and Ticket Atlantic, formerly under Trade Centre Limited (TCL).
Our facilities and the events we attract are platforms for prosperity. Whether we’re attracting large delegations or hosting an elite group of athletes for an international competition, we are a catalyst for new opportunities and connections between Nova Scotia and the world.
MISSION: WE CONNECT THE WORLD TO NOVA SCOTIA BY CREATING MEMORABLE EVENT EXPERIENCES.
VISION: OUR PEOPLE AND OUR COMMUNITY MAKE US THE FAVOURED EVENT DESTINATION FOR OUR GUESTS.