The Shaw Group Limited is one of the 50 Best-Managed Companies in Canada and is one of Eastern Canada's leading natural resource manufacturers and community developers. Shaw Resources is a division of the Shaw Group of Companies. Shaw Resources has developed a range of value-added natural resource-based products in industrial minerals, commercial, and retail markets. Quality products, processing expertise, and market knowledge have helped Shaw Resources sustain growth founded on innovation and new markets. The Shaw Group has won many national and provincial awards including safety awards and a national export award with a special citation for job creation.
We are currently looking for a Maintenance/Assistant Operator to join our Keddy Aggregate Team. The position will require the successful candidate, be able to work in a team setting and individual basis. This role is equal parts preventive maintenance, machine optimization and plant operation. The successful candidate will be an integral member of both the maintenance and production teams and will gain valuable skills and experience.
As an integral part of our Operations/Maintenance Team, you will:
- Maintaining a safe work environment for the day-to-day operations the site.
- Lead other team members of 1-3 people while performing day to day maintenance tasks.
- Understand maintenance of equipment including but not limited to, bearings, conveyors, gear boxes, stackers, screeners, etc.
- Willing to learn how to Operate Wash Plant
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Comfortable in an industrial environment.
- You are comfortable meeting very high quality and safety standards.
- You are reliable and have reliable transportation.
- Operate and maintain industrial equipment and other specialty tools.
- Complete maintenance and checks on equipment.
- Other duties as assigned by your supervisor.
Hours of work:
Monday to Friday 7am - 5pm with occasional overtime and weekend work as needed during production season.
- Class 5 required (Class 3/1 driver's license considered and asset)
- Lock out Tag out Training/experience considered an asset
- 1+ years' experience in an industrial environment preferred
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- You are safety focused when it comes to people and equipment
- Welding certificate considered an asset
- Electrical certification considered an asset
Why work for our Shaw Resources team?
We understand the importance of investing in and developing our people. We are collaborative and team oriented. We provide our team with the opportunities to grow, and we create a safe environment for our people to bring fresh ideas to the table. And we like people with a "let's get it done" attitude! If this sounds like the right fit for you, please show your interest by submitting your cover letter and resume via Indeed.
We are committed to offering equal employment opportunities in our workplace and encourage applications from Women, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and members of visible minorities.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
Flexible Language Requirement:
- French not required
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
- Overtime pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- COLDBROOK, NS: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: In person