Closing Date: November 30, 2023 at 4:00 PM
CAPITAL PLANNING & OPERATIONS
Capital Planning & Operations is a team of approximately 130 employees that take tremendous pride in the campus and deliver exceptional service that supports the University of New Brunswick's mission, vision, and values. You will be a part of a motivated team of professionals who are always striving to make our campus a safe, sustainable, accessible, and welcoming environment for students, faculty, staff, and community.
WHAT WE OFFER
Full-time | Continuing | Fredericton | On-Campus
Standard Work Hours: Mon - Fri |7:30 - 4:00|40 hours per week
Salary Range: $47,703 - 59,365 per annum
Reporting to the Manager of Maintenance & Operations, the Maintenance Coordinator is responsible for the supervision of UNB cleaners and accountable for the overall performance of contracted cleaning staff. This position is also responsible for routine administrative tasks, inspections, and coordination of work performed by various UNB trades.
- Coordinate and direct the cleaning services.
- Carry out regularly scheduled, as well as ad hoc, detailed preventative maintenance inspections for all UNB academic buildings.
- Assist with the planning and inspection of assigned areas.
- Work closely with representatives of staff and faculty occupying the building for cleaning services and maintenance inspections.
- Order non-stock cleaning supplies within the budget provided.
- Perform maintenance inspections of facilities. Raise work orders.
- Arrange for and acquire dig permits for various applications.
- Administer the pest control contract.
- Administer the Back-Flow device inspection and any associated paperwork.
- Arrange grease trap pumping.
- Provide administrative services, records, statistics, and reports as required.
- Oversee the multi-trade work order sheet. Perform coordination of three or more trade jobs.
- Other related duties as required.
WHAT YOU BRING
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Knowledge of commercial cleaning methods.
- Knowledge of safety practices and hazardous materials.
- Experience in commercial cleaning is an asset.
- Great interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of general construction practices would be an asset.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Suite products.
A little bit about us
University of New Brunswick
The University of New Brunswick employs more than 3,200 full- and part-time staff, including faculty, support staff and students. UNB values people and we have proudly been named as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers for 2024 and one of Atlantic Canada's Top Employers for 2023.
UNB is situated on the unceded territory of the Wolastoqiyik and Mi'kmaq peoples along the banks of the beautiful and bountiful Wolastoq river, a region recognized worldwide for its natural beauty. UNB is a comprehensive university with a long history of excellence in teaching and research.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
WHY CHOOSE UNB?
UNB offers a large variety of benefits for employees, including a full pension, a minimum of three weeks of vacation annually, the Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP), and dental, life, and health insurance.
ADMINISTRATIVE, PROFESSIONAL AND TECHNICAL GROUP (APT)
This position is part of the non-union Administrative, Professional and Technical (APT) group.
COMMITMENT TO EQUITY, DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
The University of New Brunswick is committed to employment equity and fostering diversity within our community and developing an inclusive workplace that reflects the richness of the broader community that we serve. The University welcomes and encourages applications from all qualified individuals who will help us achieve our goals, including women, visible minorities, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. Preference will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.
We thank all who apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.