Location: New Glasgow
Type of Employment: Full-Time, Permanent
Union Status: NSGEU Local 103
Competition # NOR 23165
Closing Date: November 22, 2023
Under the direction of the Maintenance Supervisor, the Maintenance Clerk is responsible for general correspondence, reports, work orders, material requisitions, purchase orders, contracts, and other records of the Maintenance Department. The incumbent is responsible for receiving, recording, and routing tenant complaints, keeping vehicle logs, assisting in the preparation of vehicle and other equipment maintenance schedules, and establishing and maintaining all other Maintenance department records.
What you'll do
- Establish and maintain project and unit maintenance files and an efficient bring forward system for general correspondence and maintenance inspections and schedules.
- Prepare, type and file assigned correspondence, reports, schedules, work orders, purchase orders, material requisitions, tenders, quotations, bids and other documentation as requested or required.
- Receive and record tenant complaints, prepare file actions/work orders and take other appropriate action as required.
- Prepare the Maintenance Department's attendance, illness, vacation and related records as required.
- Track and report vacant unit repairs to ensure work progresses in a timely manner.
- Maintain records and liaisons with appropriate individuals concerning maintenance services contracts such as pest control, burner service, plumbing, electrical, landscaping, snow removal and ice control and others as required.
What you'll need
- Degree or Diploma in Business Administration or Secretarial, plus two years' related experience.
- Strong keyboarding skills with working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Excellent knowledge of office procedures and practices are required to maintain accurate and secure files, track, and follow-up information/report requests and manage petty cash.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision, as well as in a team environment.
- Emergency First Aid and WHMIS certifications.
- Working knowledge of Yardi Property Management software.
Competencies required at this level of work are Communication, Organizational, Time-management, Teamwork, Interpersonal and Confidentiality.
If you are a team player, who is passionate about improving the lives of Nova Scotians, you are the candidate we are looking for to join our team. We will assess qualifications using one of more of the following tools: written examination, standardized tests, oral presentations, interview(s), and reference checks. Offer of employment is conditional upon the completion of all applicable background checks, the results of which must be satisfactory to the employer. Checks may include one or more of the following: criminal background checks, driver's abstract, and confirmation of education credentials.
An equivalent combination of training, education and experience will be considered. Applicants relying on education and experience equivalencies must demonstrate such equivalencies in their application.
We're looking for
A little bit about us
Nova Scotia Provincial Housing Agency
Nova Scotia Provincial Housing Agency (NSPHA) is the provincial government agency responsible for the administration and delivery of affordable housing solutions for low-income Nova Scotians.
We contribute to the prosperity of Nova Scotia by helping individuals and families find a home that's right for them, at a price they can afford, in a healthy and vibrant community that offers the services, support and opportunities they need. We accomplish this by working closely with other levels of government as well as private and community partners.
Across its districts, NSPHA provides more than 11,200 safe, affordable homes as part of its Housing Services to seniors and families. District offices manage the day-to-day operations of Nova Scotia's housing stock. Their responsibilities include administering tenant applications and placements, collecting rent, resolving tenant issues, and maintaining and repairing properties.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
Based on the employment status, eligibility and union agreement, the NSPHA offers its employees a wide range of benefits such as Health, Dental, Life Insurance, Pension, General Illness (Short and Long Term), Vacation and Employee and Family Assistance Programs and flexible working schedules.
Classification: CL 18
Salary Range: $23.24 to $26.00 Hourly
Work Week: 35 hours
Note: This is not a Civil Service position.
We are committed to employing staff who are representative of the diverse community we serve. If you are a member of one or more of the following designated groups, you are encouraged to self-identify on your cover letter or resume: Indigenous People, African Nova Scotians and Other Racially Visible Persons, Persons with Disabilities and Women in occupations or positions where they are under-represented. If you are a member of one of these equity groups, you are encouraged to self-identify on your application.
Please merge your cover letter and resume into one document when applying. In the cover letter or resume, please quote the competition number and name.
Apply is through Career Beacon.
Submissions must be received by midnight on the closing date. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.