Become a member of the GEM family! We offer an inclusive and welcoming work environment with competitive benefits, a generous vacation plan and plenty of learning opportunities. At GEM we strive to provide the best care, service, and quality of life for our residents in a safe, dignified, home-like environment. From housekeeping to administering medication, our staff is both the foundation and the face of our business.
Location: Whitehills Long Term Care - Hammonds Plains
What you'll do
- Encourage and assist in maintaining the autonomy of residents whenever possible
- Provide items of comfort, sitting with residents and providing companionship
- Perform light housekeeping duties such as tidying resident rooms, collecting garbage, cleaning closets, hanging clothing, making beds, cleaning wash basins, cleaning wheelchairs, dental care cups, whirlpool tub etc.
- Answer call bells and redirect when appropriate
- Escort residents to and from dining areas and assist with resident dining experience
- Assist in the preparation and clean up of activity rooms
What you'll need
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Demonstrated ability to attend work on a regular and consistent basis
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written in English
- Flexible schedule: days, evenings, nights, weekends and holidays
- Must have sound interpersonal, problem solving and organizational skills
- Compassion, integrity, maturity, respect and a positive attitude are essential attributes
- Previous experience in senior care or group homes are an asset
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Hammonds Plains, NS: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
Look for yourself
A little bit about us
GEM Health Care Group
GEM Health Care Group is a Nova Scotian, family run business which has been enhancing the lives of seniors in the communities where they operate since 1979.
We continue to remain a leader in transforming how health care is delivered to seniors in Nova Scotia and we strive to provide the best care, service, and quality of life for our residents in a safe, dignified, home-like environment.
GEM currently operates various levels of seniors' care facilities throughout Nova Scotia, Ontario, and in Hollywood, Florida.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
Job Types: Full-time, Fixed term contract, Casual
Contract length: 6 months
Salary: $16.69 per hour
- 12 hour shift
- Day shift