What is the role of the Local Immigration Partnership Assistant?
This position is responsible for assisting and supporting the coordination and development of the Local Immigration Partnership.
What are Local Immigration Partnerships?
Local Immigration Partnerships (LIPs) are the mechanism through which Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) supports the development of local partnerships and community-based planning around the needs of newcomers.
LIPs seeks to engage various stakeholders including employers, agencies and community to act as an incubator for ideas, measure trends, identify needs and mobilize the appropriate community resources to meet those needs. LIPs work on their own community?s priorities & include integrating newcomers/immigrant needs into planning, building welcoming communities, immigrant recruitment & retention, active inclusion, etc.
What is the Local Immigration Partnership of Fredericton?
The Local Immigration Partnership of Fredericton is a community-based partnership that involves a range of stakeholders in the planning and development of collaborative and innovative solutions to enhance newcomer settlement, increase integration and help with community priorities to make Fredericton a more welcoming community. Our partners include newcomer service provider organizations, multiple levels of government, school boards, professional associations, ethno-cultural organizations, faith-based organizations, as well as the community at large.
What you'll do
- Work with the Population Growth Specialist and Local Immigration Partnership of Fredericton Council (LIPF) to engage with stakeholders and community organizations to advance the LIPF mandate
- Assist the Population Growth Specialist with scheduling meetings, taking minutes and following up on projects of the LIP Council and LIP Working Groups
- Assist the Population Growth Specialist with community outreach activities
- Gather existing community information, gap analysis, statistical data, literature around Fredericton immigration and identify other necessary consultation and/or research
- Work with the LIP project team to implement the Fredericton Region Immigration Settlement and Integration Strategy action plans
- Provide support, information and advice to enable the effective functioning of the LIP activities
- Support the Population Growth Specialist with developing marketing materials, website information, resources and social media content
- Participate in external meetings, consultations and other relevant forums as required to support the LIP
What you'll need
- University degree, or equivalent experience, in business, communication or cultural focused discipline
- Familiarity with the immigrant/newcomer experience
- Exceptional organization, multitask and project management skills
- Community outreach experience
- Superior writing, editing and communication skills
- Able to work independently with little supervision as well as part of a team
- Experience with meeting preparation, writing minutes, follow up activities
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and social media to provide general administration, statistical reports, maintain databases, marketing.
- Available to work evenings and weekends if required
- Strong facilitation and presentation skills
- Experience in writing proposals and government reports
- Experience in coordinating and running events/activities
- Knowledge of community resources and agencies, including professional and specialized services for at-risk or marginalized populations, and how to use those resources for the benefit of the participants
- Experience facilitating groups, processes, community engagement, strategy development and marketing plans
We're looking for
A little bit about us
Ignite Fredericton | Planet Hatch | Knowledge Park
About Ignite Fredericton
As the community's economic development catalyst agency, Ignite Fredericton is focussed on business growth and attraction, population growth (student retention, immigration, repatriation), and various strategic initiatives to strengthen entrepreneurial ecosystem.
Ignite Fredericton / Planet Hatch / Knowledge Park
Mission: To lead integrated economic development growth through diverse initiatives that create an environment for our community and businesses to be successful.
Vision: Through our combined service brands, we will be the preferred location for entrepreneurs and businesses to launch, locate and grow.
- Ignite Fredericton - Community's Economic Development catalyst agency focussed on business growth and attraction, population growth (student retention, immigration, repatriation), and various strategic initiatives to strengthen entrepreneurial ecosystem.
- Planet Hatch - Offering startup services including eight business incubation/acceleration programs, advisory services, coaching, mentorship, startup network, and learn/inspire events.
- Knowledge Park - Atlantic Canada's largest technology and research park, which is a clustering environment for knowledge-based companies, and member of the national Association of University Research Parks (AURP).
Are you interested?
Work With Us
The successful candidate must be able to work in a fast paced environment, dealing with stakeholders via phone, email, and face to face.
Application Deadline: May 10th, 2017 at 4:30 PM
Details: $18 per hour + 4% Vacation Pay
This is a summer position with a possibility of renewal for the Fall term
Please submit your cover letter & resume by May 10th (including your email and phone)