Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) - Hiring for Full-time/Part-time permanent, and casual positions.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Current registration with the Nova Scotia College of Nursing. Pharmacology must have been part of the basic LPN program, or have taken an approved Pharmacology course.
- Professional attitude and appearance
- Experience working with seniors an asset. Ability to respond to the needs of our residents in a compassionate manner
- Able to work independently and as a team member
- Able to work well under pressure. Ability to make informed decisions in emergency situations
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
What you'll do
- Carries out tasks and daily work following the procedures, standards and job performance requirement within the scope of practice of the NSCN
- Participates in the implementation of organizational goals
- Complete all documentation and charting on residents' files, incident reports etc. as applicable, and access any required resident information in Point Click Care.
- Administer medications according to care plan and MAR. Document appropriately.
- Maintain confidentiality concerning residents, employees, organizational data and information.
- Cooperates with fellow employees and Management to promote a positive atmosphere for residents, their families, coworkers and visitors
- Communicate and work with family members and other health care providers to develop a care plan when additional care is needed.
- Respond immediately to emergency situations involving residents or staff.
- Supervise other staff while on duty when required.
- Provide report at end of shift
What you'll need
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Halifax, NS B3P 2R3: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- First Aid Certification (required)
- LPN/RPN (required)
- CPR Certification (required)
Look for yourself
A little bit about us
GEM Health Care Group
GEM Health Care Group is a Nova Scotian, family run business which has been enhancing the lives of seniors in the communities where they operate since 1979.
We continue to remain a leader in transforming how health care is delivered to seniors in Nova Scotia and we strive to provide the best care, service, and quality of life for our residents in a safe, dignified, home-like environment.
GEM currently operates various levels of seniors' care facilities throughout Nova Scotia, Ontario, and in Hollywood, Florida.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
Part-time hours: 15-20 per week
Salary: $28.00-$30.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- RRSP match
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- French not required
- 12 hour shift
- 4 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Morning shift
- Night shift
- Weekends as needed
- Supplemental pay types:
- Overtime pay