The Shaw Group Limited is one of the 50 Best-Managed Companies in Canada and is one of Eastern Canada's leading natural resource manufacturers and community developers. Our Hardwood Lands Site is home to both Shaw Renewables and Shaw Resources divisions.
We are currently hiring for an Industrial Millwright Maintenance Mechanic.
Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, the candidate will be part of the Hardwood Lands Maintenance Team, to plan and carry out heavy machinery maintenance with Safety as the first priority, while working with Production Leads, Engineers and Senior Management.
This position requires the successful candidate to be exceptional with machining and precision measurement skills, mechanical trouble shooting and problem-solving skills. You are customer focused and understand how to prioritize and multi-task with a sense of urgency when required. You are a team player and use your interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with your customers and your team.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Troubleshooting, problem solving and repair of production equipment.
- Providing advice and support to production employees who carry out basic preventative maintenance procedures on production equipment.
- Performing preventative maintenance activities on the Site Process equipment.
- Maintaining accurate maintenance records and keeping the preventative maintenance system up to date and accurate.
- Working with and supporting Engineers, Industrial Electricians, Production employees and Supervisors with troubleshooting, problem solving, repair, and maintenance of the physical plant and production equipment.
- Other mechanical duties as may be required to support and maintain production and the physical plant.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities required:
- Safety and Quality focus.
- Nova Scotia Licensed Millwright-Industrial Mechanic.
- Minimum three years of experience as an Industrial Mechanic, preferably in a production environment.
- Welding experience an asset.
- Competent in computer skills, including the use of e-mail, the internet, CMMS systems.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Maintains a high level of integrity and accountability.
- Easily adaptable in the field as the demands of the plant change.
- Ability to work shift work and overtime as required.
Why work for The Shaw Group?
We understand the importance of investing in and developing our people. We are collaborative and team oriented. We provide our team with the opportunities to grow and we create a safe environment for our people to bring fresh ideas to the table. And we like people with a "let's get it done" attitude! If this sounds like the right fit for you, please show your interest by submitting your cover letter and resume via Indeed.
We are committed to offering equal employment opportunities in our workplace and encourage applications from Women, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and members of visible minorities.
For more information on The Shaw Group of Companies please visit our website: www.shawgroupltd.com
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Overtime pay
Work Location: In person
A little bit about us
The Shaw Group Limited
The Shaw Group is one of Eastern Canada's leading manufacturers and community developers. With a strong focus on products for the construction industry, we compete in a variety of market sectors and produce close to 1,000 individual products in 12 facilities across the Maritimes. Five retail Shaw Centres and more than 300 dealers sell Shaw Group products. Our company operates on a decentralized basis through a number of divisions and subsidiaries: Shaw Brick, Shaw Precast Solutions, Shaw Resources, Clayton Developments Limited, MMH Prestige Homes Inc., Ven-Rez Products Limited, Shaw Lifestyle and Shaw Living.