Imperial Manufacturing Group is a leading manufacturer and supplier of heating, ventilation and structural building products for residential and commercial applications. Recognized as one of "Canada's Best Managed Companies, Platinum Club", our employees are valued and recognized as the key to our success; their growth is continually challenged and supported within our dynamic and diversified organization.
We are currently looking for a Licensed Industrial Mechanic to join our winning team. As our ideal candidate you are highly motivated, hard working and looking to bring your expertise and knowledge to a team. With the ability to work in a fast paced environment, you will be a key part of the team responsible for installing, maintaining, troubleshooting, performing preventative maintenance, and repairing breakdowns on our production machines and equipment, maximizing availability of machines to ensure efficient production and ultimately customer satisfaction.
What you'll do
- Doing and completing assigned work orders
- Dealing with/troubleshooting emergency breakdowns as necessary
- Doing preventative maintenance and fixing breakdowns or replacing parts on many different production machine like Rollers, Dimple punches, riveters, colatches, benders, brakes, paintline, presses, punches, different production lines, and other machines
- Doing fabrication by drilling, milling, lathing, welding, operating many power tools, utilizing bandsaw, and other processes and tools as required to fix machines or build new parts
- Working with different systems including: pneumatic, hydraulic, systems, power transmission, vacuums, clutches, some electrical, and more
- Assisting on projects for new builds, or improvements of older machines
- Operating hoisting and lifting devices such as cranes, jacks and lift trucks to position machinery and parts during the installation, set-up and repair of machinery
- Read blueprints, diagrams and schematic drawings to determine work procedures
- Inspect and monitor machinery and equipment for pinch points and safety hazards installing safety devices as required
- Changing and setting dies in certain departments
- Training and supervision of apprentices when required
- Putting completed work orders in CMMS software with the use of a PC or a Tablet
- Making sure to focus attention on continuous improvement
- Following all rules, policies and procedures while operating lift truck and cranes to ensure your personal safety and the safety of others around you; completing start-of-shift lift truck and overhead crane safety inspection checklist
- Following all safety rules/practices and policies pertaining to safety, including, but not limited to, wearing all required PPE and doing exercises and stretches at assigned times; reporting all accidents, near misses, potential hazards or problems to lead-hand and/or production supervisor
- Maintaining a clean and safe work area, and contributing to overall plant safety and cleanliness
- Performing all other duties assigned by Lead-hand Industrial mechanic
What you'll need
- Having ability to follow oral and written directions
- Having demonstrated ability to follow safe work practices
- Being able to function well in a team environment and to communicate clearly with others
- Having ability to lift loads of up-to 70lbs
- Being flexible and adaptable to go from one job to that other when required by emergency breakdowns, etc.; even though the first job is not finished
- Having Millwright license
- Having experience with Lift Truck operations and/or having Lift Truck training would be an asset
- Having experience as industrial Mechanic, preferably in similar type of environment would be a definite asset
- Being very mechanically inclined
- Possessing good computer skills
- Having ability to problem solve and organize using critical thinking and decision making skills
- Having a proactive/preventive approach
- Having capabilities to work with minimal supervision
- Being punctual and reliable
We're looking for
A little bit about us
Imperial Manufacturing Group
Imperial Manufacturing Group is a leading manufacturer and supplier of heating, ventilation and structural building products for residential and commercial applications. Recognized as one of "Canada's Best Managed Companies - Platinum Club", our employees are valued and recognized as the key to our success; their growth is continually challenged and supported within our dynamic and diversified organization.
IMG believes that our entrepreneurial culture creates an environment that encourages and enables our employees to be at their best every day. Encouraging them to think on their feet, to take an idea from start to finish, to take ownership of their job, and to ultimately stay ahead of the competition.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
To apply, please submit your resume.
While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
IMG – Proud to be an equal opportunity employer