Do you enjoy working in a team environment? Are you an experienced administrative professional looking for a new and exciting opportunity? Do you excel in providing exceptional client service while working in a fast-paced, innovative and collaborative environment in which you learn everyday?
McInnes Cooper is seeking a motivated and proactive Legal Assistant to join our Corporate Legal Support Services team in our Halifax office. The incumbent will be responsible for providing high quality administrative support for a group of corporate lawyers within an innovative team support model; working to ensure all clients receive the highest level of service.
What you'll do
As a Legal Assistant, you will be responsible for:
- Working in a team environment assisting in the daily functions of a corporate practice group;
- Ensuring our lawyers' practices are organized efficiently, and that clients' expectations are consistently exceeded;
- Being creative, sharing ideas, learning from others and sharing your skills and knowledge; and,
- Challenging yourself and your team every day; and having fun while doing so!
What you'll need
The successful candidate will possess the following skill set:
- The ideal candidate will have a Paralegal or Legal Administration diploma or other related education;
- Minimum five (5) years experience in an administrative role; experience working in tax and/or corporate law would be considered as asset;
- Excel in a demanding, high-paced team environment, be highly detail-oriented, and flexible to changing priorities;
- Exceptional technology skills, with proficiency in all aspects of Microsoft Office and a genuine interest in keeping up to date with the newest technology;
- Exceptional communication skills, a special focus on client service and the highest degree of professionalism; and,
- A positive attitude and enjoy working in a collaborative team environment.
We're looking for
A little bit about us
McInnes Cooper is among the 25 largest business law firms in Canada and is the exclusive member firm in Atlantic Canada for Lex Mundi, the world's leading network of independent law firms. Providing strategic counsel to clients across North America and abroad, McInnes Cooper has nearly 200 lawyers and over 200 professional resources based in six offices across Atlantic Canada. Celebrating over 160 years in business, McInnes Cooper continues to thrive because of their relentless focus on client success, talent engagement and innovation.
At McInnes Cooper you will find a team that values you. We recognize that our members are key in delivering outstanding client service and we provide a collaborative, professional environment with a member focused culture. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment that values, respects and supports different perspectives, cultures and experiences.
Diversity & Inclusion
We recognize that our individual differences make us a stronger, more adaptable law firm. We embrace these differences and give all of our members the opportunity to develop their unique skills and talents.
Collective Social Responsibility
We are recognized as a leader and innovator amongst Canadian law firms in the field of Collective Social Responsibility. Our people are concerned citizens who enjoy giving back. Together, we focus on developing ongoing partnerships with community organizations that do amazing work, often despite limited resources and public awareness. As a firm, we have the ability to respond with contributions of time and monetary support, and our people give generously of their skills and effort.
Pro Bono Legal Services
Through our Pro Bono Program, we provide legal counsel to disadvantaged people and organizations that have difficulty gaining access to justice on matters of public interest.
Like any large organization, our operations leave a footprint on the environment. From paper use and waste production to transportation and energy consumption, we continually look for opportunities to minimize that impact.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
This role is a full time permanent opportunity that offers an exceptional compensation package including a competitive salary, defined-benefit pension plan and Firm-paid health and dental benefits, Health Spending Account, Wellness Spending Account as well as Vacation, Personal & Sick Days.