New Brunswick Community College (NBCC) is committed to transforming lives and communities. The College is currently seeking two dynamic and competent individuals for the position of Learning Strategist. When you work at NBCC, you are a valued team member and a part of a community of leaders who are driven by learning excellence and social and economic development.
These are two Regular employment opportunities:
- One position will have work split between the NBCC Fredericton and NBCC Woodstock campuses.
- The second position will have work split between the NBCC St. Andrews and NBCC Saint John campuses.
What you'll do
As part of the Academic, Innovation and Student Affairs division, and reporting to the Head of Accessibility and Inclusion, the Learning Strategist is responsible for ensuring that all students have an equal opportunity to succeed in a supportive learning environment by assisting students who experience learning challenges, and those with learning disabilities. The Learning Strategist provides services and accommodations including finding supports and resources within NBCC and in the broader community, including securing funding and tools to facilitate learning.
Key responsibilities in this role include but are not limited to:
- Identifying specific learning challenges.
- Recommending appropriate strategies and services to enhance learning.
- Providing ongoing coaching, support, strategies and techniques to maximize student success.
- Consulting with academic teams to determine appropriate learning supports and/or accommodations within specific courses or program areas.
- Promoting and facilitating engaging learning sessions and services.
- Developing online and social media based materials and supports to enhance student access to learning supports.
- Assess and evaluate service outcomes of all activities and program offerings.
The incumbent must be prepared to work a combination of both daytime and evening hours to support our students effectively.
What you'll need
- A Diploma or Bachelor's degree in a related field or a Master's degree in a related field.
- Related work experience must include working with evidence-based learning strategies and coaching that effectively supports skill development in areas such as time management, organization, studying, reading, writing, comprehension, test preparation, memorization, and note-taking.
- Preference may be given to candidates who have a minimum of three (3) years of recent and related experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work with a diverse population.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite is required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Candidates must possess a valid New Brunswick Driver's License as travel will be required between campuses.
- Preference may be given to candidates who possess education or training related to learning disability/strategy specialization, with adult learners, or with assistive technologies or who have experience working/teaching in a post-secondary environment. Case management experience and collaborating with accommodation support agencies and organizations would also be considered an asset.
- Preference may be given to candidates who have experience working in a post-secondary environment.
Please be sure to clearly demonstrate how you meet these qualifications on your resume.
Other combinations of education and experience may be considered as equivalent. Subject to competition response, the minimum qualifications may be raised.
Look for yourself
A little bit about us
New Brunswick Community College (NBCC)
With six Campuses across the province, New Brunswick Community College (NBCC) transforms lives and communities across New Brunswick and contributes to the social and economic prosperity of our province.
Why work with NBCC?
- You want to make a difference. By working at NBCC, you can support students in achieving their educational and career aspirations, help meet the needs of employers and contribute to stronger communities across New Brunswick.
- You want to belong to something bigger. NBCC welcomes the individual experiences and perspectives of our learners, our staff and our partners. We nurture a culture of belonging where everyone feels valued and has opportunities to add value. NBCC is an equal opportunity employer building a dynamic team that is representative of the communities and industries that we serve.
- We're one of the best places to work in Atlantic Canada. For seven years in a row, we have been named one of Atlantic Canada's Top Employers because of our commitment to families, community service and employee engagement. This includes, paid time off to volunteer, comprehensive benefits packages and professional development opportunities.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
- A culture that is focused on nurturing a sense of belonging for all employees.
- A comprehensive compensation and benefits package that includes a competitive salary range of $56,758.00 to $68,484.00 annually.
- Become a member of the New Brunswick Public Service Pension Plan
- Opportunities for professional development and training.
- NBCC supports the wellbeing of its employees. We provide free access to an Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP) and services.
- Paid sick and vacation leave.
- Volunteer leave
- Tuition Reimbursement Programs (Employee: Tuition Reimbursement Program AND Family: Tuition Reduction Benefit - Spouse and Children)
This position is a unionized position where the terms and conditions of employment are in accordance with the NBUPPE - Education (Consultation and Development) collective agreement for the College.
All applicants must be eligible to work in Canada at the time of application. This competition may be used to fill future vacancies at the same level.
The New Brunswick Community College (NBCC) is committed to being flexible in its operations and to the wellbeing of its employees. This includes considering reasonable requests for alternative work arrangements, when feasible, to meet the changing needs of the College and its students. In order to ensure our student needs are met, flexible work arrangements cannot extend beyond the New Brunswick border. NBCC employees must be living in a location that is a reasonable distance from one of our seven work locations around the Province.
We promote an equal opportunity work environment.
All interested candidates are welcomed to submit a detailed application and resume online by September 20, 2023. All applications will be acknowledged upon receipt.