PLATO is Canada's only Indigenous-led, Indigenous staffed software testing services firm. We insist on working with quality people who share our passion for quality testing and have built a team of people who also believe quality is the most important deliverable. Our team of software testing specialists believe that better software leads to a better world.
We are committed to building strong communities - PLATO trains and employs members of First Nations, Metis, and Inuit communities across the country and strives to build a network of 1000 Indigenous software testers across Canada. PLATO has offices on or near Indigenous communities across Canada, in Fredericton, Miramichi, Sault Ste Marie, Regina, Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver, and Victoria.
We are hiring for a Learning and Development Specialist to develop and curate learning material to aid in the career development of software testers.
What you'll do
- Design, build, evaluate and continuously improve educational programming and curriculum for the Training team in conjunction with subject matter experts to build PLATO's competence and efficiency in Software Testing and consultancy
- Establish assessment processes that determine the learning and development needs of each tester
- Develop training modules/programs using tools such as Udemy, YouTube and a network of experts
- Design and/or find useful projects to practice the learned skills
- Excellent content research and analytical skills to convert information and learner needs into performance-based, engaging, and practical training solutions
- Develop associated facilitator guides to support additional instructors
- Responsible for ongoing evaluation and improvement of the training program and implement an evaluation process to ensure the educational approach addresses the overall learning requirements and achieves the desired learning outcomes amongst employees
What you'll need
- An educational background in instructional design, adult learning, technical writing or a related field
- 2+ years of experience in instructional design
- Formal Project Management experience
- Software Testing experience and/or experience in IT service delivery considered an asset
- Assist with the detailed analysis and interpretation of results to help identify and isolate issues
We're looking for
A little bit about us
Who We Are
PLATO is a software testing and technology services company trusted by clients around the world.
In addition to providing our clients the highest quality software testing services, PLATO is creating careers in technology for First Nations, Inuit, and Métis people from coast to coast to coast through our innovative train-and-employ model. Since 1997, we have been helping organizations all over the world reach their quality objectives by delivering scalable, proven, quality-centric managed services. Companies such as Apple, Suncor, TD Bank, Medavie, BCLC, LinkedIn, Boeing, and many others have gained considerable advantage from our Quality Assurance (QA), Testing, and eLearning expertise and experience.
We deliver specialized QA services to our clients with the goal of helping them increase profitability, boost customer satisfaction, manage development cycles and implement quality-centric solutions. We develop innovative approaches and solutions, designed to generate increased efficiencies, competitive advantage, and market share for our clients.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
At PLATO, we encourage our employees' personal career growth. We have plans in place to make sure that each employee is connected with a people manager to help guide them through their professional development, offer e-learning classes, and give our employees the opportunity to pursue software certifications for cutting-edge technologies.
PLATO respectfully acknowledges that our offices are located on treaty territories, unceded First Nations and Inuit territories, and part of Métis homelands. We honour their long history of welcoming many Nations to the beautiful Turtle Island and we actively work towards reconciliation between Métis, Inuit, and First Nation peoples and non-Indigenous people on this Land.
We contribute to proactive employment practices to promote inclusivity and diversity to those especially marginalized populations such as women, persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities, First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples, and all other groups protected under the Human Rights Code.
We are committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require accommodation during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.