Dash Hudson believes that, in today's world, some of the most meaningful interactions between brands and consumers happen through photos and videos. We aim to make these interactions impactful for brands. Our visual marketing software provides brands with a one-stop solution to create, source, measure, and enhance the performance of their photos and videos.
We work with the world's leading brands and companies to drive visual performance across all of their marketing channels. The Lead Software Engineer in Test role offers a unique opportunity to work with our Product team building products for the world's leading brands and publishers such as Apple, Nordstrom, Sephora, Unilever, and Hearst.
In case you were wondering, here's a little bit more about our team and products:
- We're a diverse and mighty product team of 30+ from around the world.
- We offer competitive benefits, a flexible work schedule and quarterly wellness benefits.
- We build best-in-class, beautiful, functional products that our customers love.
- Our platform competes with the biggest companies in the marketing software industry.
- Our current stack includes: Vue.js, Python, Flask, Celery, Docker, MySQL, Redis, AWS (Aurora, ELB, ECS and lots more).
- We have a big vision for the future of visual intelligence. We want you to be part of it.
Dash Hudson is a group of hard-working go-getters. We're energetic, lively, and fast-learning. We take our work seriously, but not ourselves. Our team thrives in the space we've created together-a space that promotes both productivity and pause. Dash Hudson is also very fond of furry friends, and has many honorary mascots that double as occasional coworkers.
What you'll do
At Dash Hudson, we consider quality to be a responsibility of the entire company. You will be collaborating closely with our designers, product owners, and developers to advocate and evangelize testing best practices and help foster a culture of "building quality in". This is not a direct "test execution" role. It is a leadership, coaching, and thought-leader role with respect to quality and quality practices. These quality practices are reliant on automated practices as much as reasonably possible.
- Collaborate with teams in the development of product/feature testing strategies and plans
- Collaborate with the senior development team to drive testing tools selection in the implementation above testing strategies
- Coach and support developers in their efforts to define and implement automated tests
- Collaborate with team on root cause analysis and identifying trends for issues that arise throughout the SDLC
- Work with team to uncover test gaps and work with stakeholders to understand risk appetite and desired test coverage levels
- Suggest and work with stakeholders to implement process improvement initiatives
What you'll need
- 5+ years working in a software quality assurance role, preferably as a lead
- Experience working with end-to-end testing processes and methodologies/frameworks
- Experienced in implementing automated tests and share in the belief that we are reliant as much as possible on automated practices
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong negotiation, conflict resolution and meeting facilitation skills
- Strong problem solving, root cause analysis skills and attention to details
- Experience analyzing business requirements and functional specifications
- Experience preparing defect reports and defect metrics, preferably automated
- Experience with Agile software development methodology
We're looking for
A little bit about us
The world's most important companies use Dash Hudson to create and share photos and videos that people care about. Our visual marketing platform provides a one-stop solution to predict performance, distribute, measure, and enhance engagement across all of your key marketing channels.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
We believe in building great products that solve real problems for marketers, and being unabashed about our unique ability to be the best at what we do. We believe that mutual support among the team, and a willingness for all to figure out the seemingly impossible are what will propel us forward.