The Shaw Group Limited is one of the 50 Best-Managed Companies in Canada and is one of Eastern Canada's leading natural resource manufacturers and community developers. Shaw Precast Solutions, a division of The Shaw Group Limited is known for our commitment to providing high quality concrete products since 1945. We take pride in our ability to customize highly specialized products and are currently hiring for a Lead Hand.
We require individuals who are capable of being a leader and role model, are safety conscious and comfortable working in an industrial environment. We are interested in those who have good work ethic, a positive attitude and who can work well with others.
The successful candidates will:
- Work in a safety sensitive environment.
- Be a leader on the floor by motivating, supporting, training, and coaching safe operation and working alongside new and current employees on 2nd shift.
- Plan, coordinate, schedule and build product per business requirements.
- Maintain and update inventory and other records as required.
- Adhere to all health and safety standards and participate in promoting occupational health and safety.
- Be reliable, take initiative and ownership of their work and the work of the team.
- Be detailed oriented and a self-starter, and able to work with minimum supervision.
- Opening and closing duties along with posting and collecting work schedules.
- Be a safe and competent licensed overhead crane operator, or actively work towards obtaining overhead travelling crane license.
- Have a clean attendance and disciplinary records.
- Ability to lift up 50 lbs. regularly.
- Other duties, as required based on business needs.
- Previous work experience in a similar industry considered an asset.
A little bit about us
The Shaw Group Limited
The Shaw Group is one of Eastern Canada's leading manufacturers and community developers. With a strong focus on products for the construction industry, we compete in a variety of market sectors and produce close to 1,000 individual products in 12 facilities across the Maritimes. Five retail Shaw Centres and more than 300 dealers sell Shaw Group products. Our company operates on a decentralized basis through a number of divisions and subsidiaries: Shaw Brick, Shaw Precast Solutions, Shaw Resources, Clayton Developments Limited, MMH Prestige Homes Inc., Ven-Rez Products Limited, Shaw Lifestyle and Shaw Living.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
We understand the importance of investing in and developing our people. We are collaborative and team oriented. We provide our team with the opportunities to grow, and we create a safe environment for our people to bring fresh ideas to the table. And we like people with a "let's get it done" attitude! If this sounds like the right fit for you, please show your interest by submitting your cover letter and resume.
We are committed to offering equal employment opportunities in our workplace and encourage applications from Women, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and members of visible minorities.
For more information on The Shaw Group of Companies please visit our website: www.shawgroupltd.com