At Manifold, we’re an ambitious and well-funded startup, making it compelling for developers like you to break your deployments free from the closed ecosystems of cloud providers. We connect applications, wherever they are hosted, to independent cloud services made by developers who care.
We are looking for an experienced, collaborative front-end engineer to inspire us, teach us, and bring our React architecture and coding forward.
Our partially distributed engineering team is fun-loving, knowledgeable, and extremely productive. We’re organized to let you explore and grow a variety of skills and capabilities, with many opportunities to make a significant impact. Many of us have strong ties to the open-source world, and have experience building tools at companies like Heroku, Red Hat, and Canonical.
We value diversity and supporting a distributed culture. Gender diversity is currently about one quarter. About half of the company work outside of the home Halifax, Canada office, including the product and engineering leaders.
What you'll do
- Help lead a friendly, supportive engineering culture that encourages you and the entire company to improve as engineers, teams, and people.
- Be a model and mentor for building well-architected, performant, well-tested, and understandable code.
- Prevent and manage technical debt. Help us find the right corners to cut for speed, and the right problems to invest in for maintainability.
- Be passionate about our mission, and help us imagine Manifold’s future. Work closely with design and product in short design-first iteration.
- Be curious. Learn, practice, share, and improve our knowledge and best practices in technologies, security, engineering, design and collaboration.
What you'll need
- Strong communication skills with a team centric approach to discussion and decision making. Empathy and respect for others.
- Experience deploying and operating server-side code that could have used a service like Manifold.
- Full command of Git, GitHub, the terminal, continuous deployment and integration, and other modern fundamentals.
- Experience working in a distributed team is very nice to have.
- Our backend and CLI are written in Go; Go experience is nice to have.
We're looking for
A little bit about us
We're a venture-backed company that is distributed around North America. Our home base is Halifax, Nova Scotia. We have a shared passion for making developers' lives easier. Our backgrounds reflect that, having worked at npm, Red Hat, Heroku, LinkedIn, Canonical, and more.
- flexible working hours
- 15 days of vacation your first year that you will be encouraged to use
- statutory/federal holidays, plus the whole company takes the last week of the year off
- yearly professional development allowance of $2,000 towards education, training, conferences, or any education tool that helps your career
- excellent health, vision, and dental insurance for you and your family that starts on your first day of work
- health and wellness allowance
- home office allowance for remote workers
- up to 16 weeks fully paid maternity or paternity leave after one year at Manifold, with additional 8 weeks of unpaid leave if necessary
- use of a laptop, large monitor, and equipment for everyone, remote or at our office
If you're in the United States, we also offer 401(k) for pre-tax retirement savings, although contributions are unmatched at this early stage in the company's growth.
We care about our code of conduct and ask all of our employees to abide by it.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
We believe in having people work from where they are most productive. If that happens to be in our offices in Halifax, Canada, or in San Francisco, welcome! We'd love to have you. If you are remote, you are also welcome! We strongly prefer candidates who are in a timezone roughly within 4 hours of the Eastern time zone.
We offer competitive compensation, equity opportunities, and excellent health care options, with additional perks such as a yearly professional development allowance.
Please apply here, or by emailing email@example.com.