Since incorporation in 2003, LuminUltra has been a leading manufacturer and thought-leader in the biotech industry, developing molecular diagnostic products and services to help people all over the world better manage pathogen-based threats. Headquartered in Fredericton, New Brunswick, LuminUltra is a global company with satellite operations in Baltimore, Miami, Paris, London, and Melbourne.
Armed with dedicated ownership, a talented team, and a solid foundation, LuminUltra's best-in-class solutions are being used in the fight against COVID-19, including on-site clinical diagnostic testing, surface, and wastewater tests. By providing rapid, accurate biological testing solutions, LuminUltra works to fulfill its core purpose 'to create peace of mind so we can all work, live and play with confidence'.
LuminUltra is currently recruiting for a Lead Developer to join the Software Team.
What you'll do
As a key member of LuminUltra's Software Team, the Lead Developer will have the following responsibilities:
- Provide technical leadership and coaching to developers.
- Collaborate with Product Owners, Software Architects, Software Developers and QA Analysts to produce cutting-edge software solutions.
- Evaluate and recommend tools, technologies, and processes to ensure the highest quality product platform.
- Design, develop and execute software solutions to address business issues.
- Oversee progress of development team to ensure consistency with initial design.
- Conduct peer code reviews and provide objective feedback.
- Create a positive user experience by writing efficient code following best practices.
- Increase user engagement and the number of digital users.
- Participate in the daily stand up and other project meetings to provide updates to all the stakeholders.
- Provide technical and operational support for customers on LuminUltra's digital platform of products.
What you'll need
As the ideal candidate, you possess the following qualifications and skills:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 6+ years of hands-on experience creating web / mobile applications.
- Experience managing a team of 1 - 5 people.
- Experience with Java, J2EE, SQL and Angular JS.
- Knowledge of .NET, PHP and web-based applications would be an asset.
- Experience with Spring and Ionic framework.
- Experience with SQL & NoSQL databases.
- Experience with design and implementation of RESTful APIs.
- Experience with Microsoft Azure would be an asset.
- Customer focused experience would be an asset.
- Familiarity with performance tuning is an asset.
- Clear communication skills (written and verbal).
- Ability to solve technical problems.
- Ability to focus on deadlines and deliverables.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
We're looking for
A little bit about us
LuminUltra Technologies Ltd.
Since our initial launch in 2003, LuminUltra has been a leading manufacturer and thought-leader in the biotech industry, developing technology-based products and services to help people, companies, and organizations all over the world. Headquartered in Fredericton, New Brunswick, they are a global company with satellite operations in Baltimore, Paris, London, and Melbourne.
Armed with dedicated ownership, a talented team, and a solid foundation, our best-in-class solutions are now being used in the fight against COVID-19. By expanding our capacity to produce 500,000 tests a week for labs across the country, they are leading the charge to protect Canadians and defeat this pandemic.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
LuminUltra's Core Values:
Maximum Commitment & Urgency
Integrity & Respect in All We Do
Challenge the Status Quo
Remain Flexible at All Times
Outstanding Community Experience