The Shaw Group Limited is one of the 50 Best-Managed Companies in Canada and is one of Eastern Canada's leading natural resource manufacturers and community developers. Shaw Precast Solutions, a division of The Shaw Group Limited is known for our commitment to providing high quality concrete products since 1945. We take pride in our ability to customize highly specialized products and are currently hiring for a Night Shift Labourer.
The successful candidate will serve as a Night Shift Labourer working in a team environment carrying out additional tasks as assigned.
The successful candidate may be responsible for:
- Clean and oil forms, and pallets, headers, etc. in preparation for reinforcing casting.
- Clean daily concrete shuttle and rails - chisel out concrete build up
- Clean and prepare concrete mixer for benching
- Learn and safely use the concrete mixing batching system
- Lift, place, and tie rebar in accordance with construction drawings.
- Maintain equipment, perform daily inspections, keep machines, and work areas clean & tidy daily.
- Carry out daily housekeeping and safety reporting.
- Willing to be trained on a mobile equipment other Precast equipment as required
- Complete maintenance and daily housekeeping in plant and yard as assigned.
- Follow all safety protocols and must be able to work safely in a physically demanding environment.
- Work overtime as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Perform all tasks in accordance with safety and operational requirements.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities required:
- Completion of grade 12 education or equivalent
- Aptitude for balancing safety as the priority with the demands of production
- Ability to lift, pull and pull 50+ lbs. regularly and safely.
- Ability to climb ladders regularly and safely.
- Ability to operate heavy machinery.
- Able to stand for long periods of time and complete repetitive work (repetitive overhead reaching/ movements)
- Positive attitude and motivated to contribute to high production effort.
- Mechanically inclined with an aptitude for problem solving and troubleshooting would be considered an asset.
- Strong team player with excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Willingness to work overtime as required during peak season.
- Hardworking, high integrity takes ownership.
Please note: This is a full-time permanent position, with chance of layoff during Winter. Hours of work: Monday to Friday - 40 hours per week (eve/night shift) with opportunity for overtime.
Salary: $23.92 per hour (+ Night Shift Premium)
A little bit about us
The Shaw Group Limited
The Shaw Group is one of Eastern Canada's leading manufacturers and community developers. With a strong focus on products for the construction industry, we compete in a variety of market sectors and produce close to 1,000 individual products in 12 facilities across the Maritimes. Five retail Shaw Centres and more than 300 dealers sell Shaw Group products. Our company operates on a decentralized basis through a number of divisions and subsidiaries: Shaw Brick, Shaw Precast Solutions, Shaw Resources, Clayton Developments Limited, MMH Prestige Homes Inc., Ven-Rez Products Limited, Shaw Lifestyle and Shaw Living.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
We understand the importance of investing in and developing our people. We are collaborative and team oriented. We provide our team with the opportunities to grow, and we create a safe environment for our people to bring fresh ideas to the table. And we like people with a "let's get it done" attitude! If this sounds like the right fit for you, please show your interest by submitting your cover letter and resume.
We are committed to offering equal employment opportunities in our workplace and encourage applications from Women, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and members of visible minorities.
For more information on The Shaw Group of Companies please visit our website: www.shawgroupltd.com