Aerospace Component Manufacturing
Moncton, New Brunswick
Are you looking to be part of a growing and developing team in an organization that values its people, customers, work, and supply chain? If so, APEX is currently accepting applications for a Laboratory Technician within its Aerospace Component Manufacturing Group.
This is a full-time, permanent position reporting to Special Processing Supervisor. The primary role of this position is to provide laboratory support for monitoring of surface treatment processes and process testing as part of quality assurance.
Weekend work or overtime may be required. Training will be provided.
- Conduct tests, interpret/analyze data, compile results, prepare reports, and present conclusions.
- Complete actions such as approval of analysis results, authorization of re-analysis, calculation of process solution additions, and calculations, bath dumps and new bath make-up.
- Coordinate and manage periodic testing schedule, including lot acceptance testing.
- Support new process development and improvements, as well as training programs.
- Support the maintenance of facility certifications/approvals.
- Maintain and interpret process key performance indicators.
- Perform internal auditing as directed by the quality program.
- Program/Process maintenance in support of NADCAP accreditation & AS9100 certification.
- Collaborate with other departments such as Inspection, Planning, Methods, etc.
- Support all quality initiatives as directed by Quality Manager.
- Support evaluation of employees performing special processing and laboratory testing.
- Oversee measuring and monitoring equipment calibration activities.
- Maintain appropriate stock levels and ensure lab or equipment are maintained, secure and safe.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Very good computer skills and proficient in Microsoft: Office, Word and Excel
- Laboratory experience.
- Ability to function in a team-based environment and learn a variety of roles.
- Excellent communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to navigate and work through challenges with a positive attitude.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and work unsupervised.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with ability to analyze complex problems and propose solutions
- Flexibility, self-motivation, and the ability to give and receive feedback at all levels are required.
- Diploma or Certificate in mechanical technology, applied sciences and/or equivalent.
- Experience in metal finishing i.e. pre-treatments, anodize, paint finishes, etc. and/or manufacturing.
- Knowledge of quality management systems such as AS9100, ISO 9001, NADCAP or other.
- Work place first aid & CPR with AED; transportation of dangerous goods, MSDS (SDS)
- Computer experience with SYSPRO, and Uni-Point.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as engineering drawings, manufacturing specifications, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
How to Apply:
Please submit your cover letter and resume to our Human Resources Department by
Email: [email protected]
Mail: 100 Millennium Blvd, Moncton, NB, E1E 2G8
We thank all applicants for their interest in becoming an APEXer, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
A little bit about us
Apex Industries Inc.
Apex Industries Inc. is a Canadian corporation with its headquarters in Moncton, New Brunswick. A diversified company, APEX operates under five business groups in the Aerospace Component Manufacturing, Custom Contract Manufacturing, Steel Door Manufacturing, Door Opening Solutions, and Product Development and Automation industries. For over 60 years we have built and maintained long-term relationships with our customers and supply chain by providing value, expertise, and resources. APEX strives to be a growing, progressive company that adds value in its work as a trusted partner with all whom we associate.
Why Become an APEXer?
At APEX, we want our employees to enjoy both their job and life by working both safely and collaboratively while living healthy, relishing family time, and giving back to our community in all of the ways that mean the most to them, fully knowing they have the support and resources needed. We are a stable employer conveniently located on a bus route, offering full-time, year-round employment and want to make sure you live your best life at and outside of work.
APEX is proud to have assembled a family of highly skilled employees from various backgrounds. We are a strong advocate for diversity and inclusion, encouraging all voices to be heard through collaboration and engagement in a healthy and safe working environment.
Through the combination of machinery, technology, and skilled, passionate people, we strive to achieve excellence by working in an optimized manner. We conduct ourselves with integrity, taking pride in our work, and taking responsibility for our actions.
Work Life Balance
We want our employees to enjoy time with family and friends by unplugging and recharging for their own well-being. We offer flexible time-off, vacations, and paid holidays.
Rewarding Work Environment
We hold a number of corporate events throughout the year to celebrate, recognize, and reward individual, team, and organizational success.
Learning and Development
We encourage lifelong learning by offering a variety of skill-training programs and workshops by creating a collaborative work environment that allows you to interact with and learn from other highly skilled employees.
Comprehensive Health Benefits
Our comprehensive benefit package offering includes medical, dental, and health coverage, along with short and long-term disability and an employee assistance program for all our employees and their families.
Employee Pension Plan
We invest in the people who make APEX a success. We reward loyalty by offering qualifying employees a competitive retirement program with employer matching contributions.