Prestige Homes, a division of The Shaw Group Limited has an exciting opportunity for a passionate Kitchen Designer to join our talented, driven, and fast-growing design team. In this role, you will work in collaboration with our team of industry leaders on several projects related to design and construction of residential homes. You will have the opportunity to apply innovative concepts to our residential designs while working closely with our Design & Quality team to create and maintain product records and ensure products meet applicable codes and standards.
What you'll do
- Prepare kitchen designs using Mozaik or 2020 design software.
- Prepare all required shop drawings and other supporting documentation for material ordering and fabrication.
- Prepare full kitchen, cabinet doors and other component orders.
- Review tender packages, bids and prepare quotes.
- Coordinate kitchen related service orders and service parts with appropriate departments.
What you'll need
- Experience in kitchen design, interior design, or other design related field.
- Experience pricing, estimating and quantity takeoffs.
- Experience with Mozaik, 2020, AutoCAD or other design software
- Strong computer skills in MS Office suite
- Understanding of cabinet construction and details
- Strong attention to detail, communication, planning and organizational skills.
- Familiarity with cabinet manufacturing or CNC operations would be an asset.
We're looking for
A little bit about us
Prestige Homes has been manufacturing beautiful and functional modular homes since 1973, from our manufacturing facility located in Sussex, New Brunswick. This is where our skilled employees precision-engineer modules (sections) of homes to be delivered to the home site, where they are then fitted together and roofing, siding, drywall and flooring are installed.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
We are a one-of-a-kind home builder. We don't just put lines to paper, we design them and bring them to life. You will have the opportunity to innovate and design by understanding market needs through analysis of future trends that could drive product changes.
At The Shaw Group, we recognize that the growth of our employees is critical to the growth of our company and that the hard work and dedication of our people has allowed us to expand and grow for over 160 years. We understand the necessity in investing in our people and recognizing their individual achievements. Teamwork is the foundation of our success, and we strive to provide an environment that fosters communication, collaboration, and new ideas. We want to make sure everyone's voice is heard; all ideas are considered and every one of our employees is given the tools to reach their full potential.
What we can offer you:
- Flexible work hours to accommodate your busy lifestyle.
- Extended health and dental benefits with company matching RRSP program.
- Competitive compensation package including participation in our performance-based incentive program.
- Continuous support for your growth through professional development reimbursement, mentorship, and opportunity to participate in other projects across the organization.
- An open and inclusive environment that encourages everyone to bring ideas to the table.
If this is the opportunity for you, apply now or visit www.shawgroupltd.com/careers to apply online. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The Shaw Group is committed to fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion which celebrates the successes that comes from a team diverse in expertise, experiences, and perspectives. We encourage and are pleased to consider all qualified candidates, welcoming all ethnicities, religions, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, aboriginal status, age, disability, or persons who may require an accommodation, to apply.