Work Location: Office or Hybrid from Halifax, NS
Atlantic Lottery (AL) is seeking a Key Accounts Manager located in Halifax, NS.
As a Key Accounts Manager, you are primarily responsible for jointly building, with each key account (KA) partner, annual business plans that encompass Atlantic Lottery's corporate, marketing and promotional initiatives to ensure revenue for the corporation and the client. A significant focus on category management skills, analytics, and the ability to develop and present impactful presentations to key account partners. Extensive interaction with the other Atlantic Lottery (AL) KA Managers and Sales & Service Management team as well as other AL departments will be required. You will be responsible for actively prospecting and attaining new corporate partnerships while achieving KA growth targets along with leading the appropriate research, analysis, and business model.
Closing Date: June 4, 2023
What you'll do
Retail Management - Communicate with Territory Managers and Sales & Service Management team in each province to ensure proper execution in the field. Source out best practices from the field and apply in annual key accounts plan.
Sales and Profit Targets - Develop and manage sales and profit targets, maximizing performance of accounts. Evaluate and measure Return on Investment (ROI) on all programs and promotions.
Business Development (Access and Acquisition) - Annually set targets and build short and long-term plans for attaining new KA partnerships for AL. Additionally leading expanded presence identification and opportunities within existing KA partners.
Inventory Management - Identify and develop inventory management solutions by KA client where needed in conjunction & collaboratively with other parts of the business.
Build and Deliver Annual Plans - Apply the key account strategy to each account while building the key account plan using marketing and sales business plans/strategies. Work closely with AL's Product Managers to ensure the integration of sales and marketing for each key account plan.
Build Relationships - Facilitate relationship building between AL and the key accounts operations team (eg. Territory Managers & Supervisors). Foster the partnership with Corporate Accounts and challenge them to grow their business with AL brands.
What you'll need
Education and Experience:
- Sales and business background with a minimum of three (3) years of experience in the development, execution and monitoring of sales plans in the lottery, gaming and/or entertainment services industry, consumer packaged goods industry or general retail trade.
- Experience with Category and Brand Management.
- Customer Relationship Management software and MS Office experience.
- Ability to travel on a regular basis with validate driver's license.
- Must be 19 years of age or older to apply.
- Desire to build exceptional client experiences, and is passionate and curious to help clients meet their needs and solve their concerns.
- Ability to understand the player-based sales and business development, and related social, political, and economic factors that impact the gaming business.
- Ability to translate strategic plans into tactical sales plans, ensuring that they are effectively executed.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the product lines represented by Atlantic Lottery.
- Ability to transform or significantly improve the results of the business unit by demonstrating creativity, continuous improvement, and future focused thinking.
- An excellent communicator of highly complex concepts with the ability to create consensus and commitment among a broad group of stakeholders.
- Experience in lottery and/or gaming industry.
- Experience working with a major chain.
- Experience in merchandising design.
- Extended health coverage that includes medical, dental, and vision.
- Basic life insurance, disability, and wellness programs.
- Defined Benefit Pension Plan.
- Three weeks of vacation annually (pro-rated) and 13 paid statutory holidays.
- Three personal leave days per year.
- Two volunteer days per year.
- Short-term incentive program based on personal and corporate performance.
- Career advancement opportunities.
Recruitment Process: The last couple of years has accelerated change across our workplace, including our hiring practices! As a result, throughout your application process, you may be asked to connect with us virtually, and may not be required to meet in-person. All interviews are conducted in English, our working language, unless otherwise stated.
Internal Employees: Internal Employees interested in this opportunity must be in "good standing," which includes meeting expectations on their last performance review. Performance improvement plans, disciplinary action, attendance, mandatory training, and other performance related items will also be taken into consideration when determining the applicant's "good standing" status.
A little bit about us
Our players have been having fun and "dreaming big" since 1976 when Atlantic Lottery started offering lottery games on behalf of the governments of Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador and Prince Edward Island. The game options have grown and changed over the years and so has our workforce! Today's Atlantic Lottery has more than 600 employees, who are the heart and soul of our business. We offer everything from dare-to-dream draw games to online bingo; breakopen tickets to sports wagering; and games in social settings and on the internet. With games come winners - big and small wins every day - but the best thing about lottery games is that when you choose to play with us, everyone benefits. 100% of our profits go back into our communities. That feels good! #ProudToBeAL
We are proud, gritty, community-minded, and punch above our weight. Being Atlantic Canadian means that we work hard and we know how to have fun. It also means that we genuinely care for each other as co-workers, neighbours, and friends.
Now that you can work from anywhere, your best life is waiting in Atlantic Canada. At Atlantic Lottery, you can choose to live and work in any of our four Atlantic provinces. Explore living East:
Are you interested?
Work With Us
We are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodations), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please note that the successful candidate will be subject to reference and criminal/educational background checks prior to employment.