Kraken Robotics offers a unique career opportunity to work with an internationally recognized leader in ocean technology that is harnessing our world class talent to provide superior subsea solutions for global security, environmental, and scientific challenges. Our highly talented team design and manufacture technology platforms for NATO navies and commercial clients throughout the world and provide acoustic 3D Synthetic Aperture Sonar (SAS) data solutions and imaging in the offshore energy sector with increasing focus on offshore renewables.
Kraken offers an attractive and competitive compensation package designed to reward our team for a job well done. With locations around the world, we support remote working packages and encourage professional and cultural collaborations. Kraken is an equal opportunity employer focused on promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion and we value the diversity of our team that contributes to our company growth and development.
We are seeking a collaborative, solutions-oriented Junior Firmware Engineer to join our team to support our growing business. The successful candidate will be able to work in a fast-paced team environment and would be interested in contributing to the direction of future Kraken products.
What you'll do
- Collaborating with a multi-national team to develop firmware for various Kraken systems
- Specifying, implementing, and documenting new firmware features
- Creating and implementing test plans for firmware related systems
- Maintaining existing Kraken firmware systems
What you'll need
- Electrical/Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related background
- 1-5 years experience firmware development for commercial products
- Experience developing firmware for microcontrollers using C and C++ with RTOS or bare metal
- Understanding of common embedded interfaces/protocols: I2C, CAN, SPI, UART, etc
- Knowledge of firmware test methodology including writing and executing test plans, debugging, etc.
- Experience with version control systems and platforms
- Hands on experience with debugging digital circuits using tools such as debuggers, oscilloscopes, and logic analyzers
- Ability to read and understand hardware schematics
- Appreciation of other engineering disciplines (mechanical and software)
- Any of the following would be considered an asset:
- Experience with STM32 family of microcontrollers
- Experience with different firmware test methodologies, such as unit testing and hardware in loop
- Experience writing test programs in Python
- Experience with FreeRTOS
A little bit about us
Kraken Robotic Systems Inc.
Kraken Robotic Systems Inc. is a marine technology company engaged in the design and development of advanced handling systems, sensors, software, subsea batteries, and underwater robotics for Unmanned Maritime Vehicles used in military and commercial applications. www.krakenrobotics.com
Are you interested?
Work With Us
This position will allow someone the opportunity to make an impact while also having support for growth and development within their role. If this sounds exciting to you, and you are approachable, engaging and enjoy helping employees and business functions to succeed, we are interested to hear from you. The location for this position is in Mount Pearl, Newfoundland.